Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Highlights up  (Read 1030 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Highlights up
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 10:52:17 PM »
I wasn't able to watch the match today, so these were good to watch.

Atkinson's pass for the first try was mad, dude showing some creativity whilst Jacob is unavailable. Really looking promising.

Bath's 12 Ojomoh looked really good in the first half. I've seen his name on this board before, that is a talented young 12 if I ever saw one.

Hughes also looked good bless him.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 07:58:14 AM »
Thanks Chunky.

Too many holes in our defnce at times. The floodgates only really opened when Bath were down to 13.

However, Alfie and Paolo look to be in rude form.

Quins next week will be a good challenge. No doubt Lee will have addressed the issues by then.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 08:12:13 AM »
Not sure who the commentator was but having had him in the background of ref mic he was certainly fully committed and enthusiastic to his job given his listening audience was probably very small and he would be edited to a 5 minute package.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 08:28:53 AM »
I and those around us thought it was a new announcer but I've been told on  here that he wasn't. .......  in which case my humble apologies to everyone.  But he did sound different!!  And an improvement. 

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 08:31:03 AM »
I and those around us thought it was a new announcer but I've been told on  here that he wasn't. .......  in which case my humble apologies to everyone.  But he did sound different!!  And an improvement.

I meant the commentator on bt sport / ref mic in my post not the announcer who was indeed still JD.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 08:53:37 AM »

I meant the commentator on bt sport / ref mic in my post not the announcer who was indeed still JD.

He an antipodean, for sure. Made a few errors, but almost always corrected himself. He was actually quite entertaining.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 09:18:58 AM »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 09:20:24 AM »

He an antipodean, for sure. Made a few errors, but almost always corrected himself. He was actually quite entertaining.

Just found it on the full match which is now up, Rupert Cox

https://twitter.com/RupertCoxTV/status/1492509188060295172?s=20&t=occMpJNYzzoyuaZYfNj6Ow

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/watch/full-match-wasps-v-bath-rugby-round-16

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 10:03:15 AM »
I did like his remark about Spencer that "he was all over Robson like a cheap suit". ;D ;D ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 10:33:47 AM »
Yep Rupert Cox, not sure if he still is but was a big part of the Sky sports rugby coverage hosting a lot of super rugby early mornings.

Also does a lot of commentary for the 7s. Knows his stuff but must be tough for these commentators not having an analyst with them. Think they definitely earn their money these guys even if there a few mistakes.