Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Premiership Round 17  (Read 1053 times)

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Premiership Round 17
« on: February 13, 2022, 07:11:51 PM »
Next week, if we get 5 match points against Quins we are guaranteed to be 4th. If we win by a margin of 33 points (unlikely I know), we would be 3rd.

If Quins get no match points, Exeter beat Falcons away, London Irish beat Sarries at home and there is a winner between Saints and Sharks then Quins will be 8th with either Saints or Sharks 9th.

This season is definitely turning around for some clubs. Hope Wasps keep the upward momentum we are famed for.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Premiership Round 17
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »
Next week, if we get 5 match points against Quins we are guaranteed to be 4th. If we win by a margin of 33 points (unlikely I know), we would be 3rd.

If Quins get no match points, Exeter beat Falcons away, London Irish beat Sarries at home and there is a winner between Saints and Sharks then Quins will be 8th with either Saints or Sharks 9th.

This season is definitely turning around for some clubs. Hope Wasps keep the upward momentum we are famed for.

Some big IFs in there. Not least us winning at Quins.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 07:53:55 PM »

Especially as we don't know who is injured and out for us and how many Queens get back from The Ed.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 07:56:35 PM »

If someone had told me on Christmas Day that we would beat: Irish, Tigers, Toulouse, Cheats, Exe and Bath, I would have asked them what they were on? We are now fifth and have a shot at fourth in the table. We've got momentum and confidence. Is beating Quins that big an ask?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hopwood

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 08:03:06 PM »
And we’ve got some good options coming into play too.
Crossdale, Umaga, Mills….and hopefully a few others returning from injury.

We’re building momentum.
I don’t think we should be afraid of anyone if we can have a near full strength back row.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 08:03:25 PM »
If someone had told me on Christmas Day that we would beat: Irish, Tigers, Toulouse, Cheats, Exe and Bath, I would have asked them what they were on? We are now fifth and have a shot at fourth in the table. We've got momentum and confidence. Is beating Quins that big an ask?

I think I will wait till Friday to see the teams and who the officials are.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 12:58:39 AM »
Think it will be an ask to beat Quins, we will have to play with more precision than this weekend
 Quins do seem to have our number of late, maybe the stats don't show that, but it always feels that no matter how well we play they always get the decisions and bounce of the ball.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »
4 points between Quins in 4th and Sale in 9th. 

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 10:15:00 AM »
For me this is going to be a very difficult game this weekend, Quins still look pretty useful and even though we are wining, we haven't looked great. A real difficult one to call, I just hope Brad is available, for me it's going to be our toughest game yet in this batch of games.

We can definitely win this game but we have got to be at our best

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 10:21:58 AM »
With bye weeks and those teams playing each other it's going to get shaken up. A couple of poor results and anyone could drop out. Gloucester aren't safe from it becoming a 7 way battle for the last 2 play off places.

All the way down to Sale in 9th have positive points difference which must be pretty unusual.