Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Team for Worcester  (Read 2330 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Team for Worcester
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »
Getting excited about tomorrow's team news and looking forward to seeing who Dai chooses with all of the absentees.

Some interesting choices for Dai, in particular wondering what he will do about fly half now that Jimmy is injured. He could go for tried and tested with Rob but that impacts 15, or will he pick new (to us) Billy. Picking Miller seems like the sort of approach Dai would take, except that if he moves Miller then there is also decision to make about full back.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Team for Worcester
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »
Other than any players now available (recovery from injury, newly arrived), I think the team will be much as seen at the Ulster game. Which means Searle in a 10 and Miller at 15. We might see Shields on the bench, and of course the Ulster game saw a bench of 10, so that will be trimmed a bit.

I do not recall anyone getting badly injured at the Ulster game, such that they would miss the next game? I am not sure that if any players on the injury list are back yet.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:15:50 PM »
From the offy, impressed with our depth, looking forward to seeing how Searle and Atkinson go in a full on game;
15 Rob Miller

14 Christian Wade

13 Elliot Daly

12 Juan De Jongh

11 Josh Bassett

10 Billy Searle

9 Dan Robson

1 Ben Harris

2 Tom Cruse

3 Will Stuart

4 Joe Launchbury (c)

5 Will Rowlands

6 Nizaam Carr

7 Joe Atkinson

8 Nathan Hughes

16 Tommy Taylor

17 Zurabi Zhvania

18 Kieran Brookes

19 Charlie Matthews

20 Ashley Johnson

21 Joe Simpson

22 Gaby Lovobalavu

23 Marcus Watson
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:17:41 PM by Brandnewtorugby »

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Would like to watch it again, but not sure when I'm going to. Life for me may just start getting some normality to it soon. Boy has started school today, and wife arrived at 4am this morning after getting her visa sunday and flight booked for monday!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 08:21:18 AM »
It was good to see the forwards more prominent, dominant. I liked the pack size thread on the other board, I suspect the main benefit will be the strength in depth meaning we can play fitter players more often, which in turn is likely to reduce injuries. Billy did well considering that he was thrown in at the deep end, of course he was cautious distributing and he was a target when defending. I am sure the plan would have been to have his first game with Gopps inside centre to help take pressure off, but he played a safe game plan and we won. Miller was rusty, hopefully he can click again, I really want to see him go well and challenge WLR. Here's hoping they can click, imagine there have been lots of drills in training this week!

Tough game coming up, but would love to see Wasps beat Chiefs and change the narrative/cliche about Chiefs being well coached etc. etc.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 02:37:07 PM »
We definitely look like we can rotate a bit more this season. Willis, Young, Carr, Reider looks like a very tasty backrow set of options, and not a single one playing tomorrow (of course injury intervenes). Front row again, great options with true versatility.