Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tuilagi injured  (Read 862 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Tuilagi injured
« on: February 24, 2022, 08:30:35 PM »
Not a surprise to anyone

Edit: Marchant called up as a replacement.
Not sure if he'll be starting though
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 08:36:00 PM by wasps »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: tuilagi injured
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 08:36:06 PM »
You have to feel for Tuilagi but to be honest he’s been finished for a while. Certainly not able to withstand the “more intense” England training regime. Every time he comes back the press/media make out it’s the return of some sort of genius. He’s a good centre, but not that good, and there’s zero chance of planning around him as he’s never fit. England need to find a real option at 12.

hopwood

Re: Tuilagi injured
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 08:44:30 PM »
I’ve heard (as I’m sure others will confirm) hamstrings that go once…and then continue to go…are almost impossible to fully rehabilitate and restore.

It unfortunately seems that way with Manu.
I feel for the guy. This is what he does best…and being denied that is hard to take.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 08:59:04 PM »

I absolutely feel for him.
It can't be nice working so hard to get yourself back in contention and constantly getting knocked back down.

He undoubtedly has physical attributes that are unmatched in English rugby, but it feels that 2 England regimes have now pinned their hopes on him, and it tends to mean that we don't have a plan B when he's not available.... And unfortunately, due to his injury record, we don't have a plan A either.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 09:00:12 PM »
Sorry for the guy - but as I'd suggested a week back(elsewhere) perhaps 30m off the bench and 50m starting, since last Autumn vs SA wasn't enough to get the resilience required for England's "special" training....

Reason why I was concerned re Launch and Alfie before getting game time. Match fitness can be mimicked in training but not really achieved.

I suppose that means the "cutting edge" Slade and Daly midfield then?

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 09:29:40 PM »
Tuilagi at 85% is probably still worth having, so why beast him in training [I assume this is what has happened].

I have seen this again and again with England rugby '[de]conditioning'. Even if I give the player a chit they still break them, and this is going back 25 years.

Simon Shaw was rarely injured, and I had a chat with him about this. He was so powerful and such a good athlete he could make a difference on the pitch at 80% effort approx.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 09:33:47 PM »
Tuilagi at 85% is probably still worth having, so why beast him in training [I assume this is what has happened].

England's 'special' training. Jones knows best👿👿👿
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 09:36:55 PM »
The other comment I would make is that if your hamstring keeps tearing, you may have a nerve compression problem in the lumbar spine. I call it Gordon Strachan syndrome, as it took the Man U medics more than 2 years to add 2 + 2.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 09:56:18 PM »
At least it’s happened before the game, rather than 5 mins into the game like it did in the Autumn.

Do we assume Slade to 12 and Daly to 13 with Marchant covering the bench or has Eddie got something else in mind?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 09:59:37 PM »
Well Wayne Pivac can remove the thorns and put away his voodoo doll of Manu T ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!