Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1540 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: February 25, 2022, 06:56:28 AM »
Good morning from a rather pleasant Guildford. A day of work lies ahead, however thanks to the new streaming service and with our game against those from the Cardiff side of the bridge tomorrow, my excitement and anticipation levels are high, and I have not even had my breakfast yet.

Tonight’s game is a tough one to call, on paper both teams loos strong, however Lambs Bristol still flatter to deceive, and with our 1 win on the road since October + how we are failing to control a game for long periods, any result is possible tonight. Probably where Bristol will be strongest is where we are weakest at present, and that is in the 12-13 channels. Injuries and disruption aplenty has meant those relationships you need have still not been formed…and what better exponent of the game in Semi Radradra is there to take advantage of that. However if we can neutralise their forwards, disrupt there young and inexperienced 9-10 axis we have a chance.
We need this win though, if we want top 6 there are not enough home games left to rely on home form, points and victories on the road are essential.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 07:24:24 AM »
Bit late this morning 😁
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 07:25:43 AM »
Morning all. Hastings is very clear but chilly this morning. Sheds all have white roofs. After playing poorly at The Stoop, we must be relentless this evening. We need all the points we can get. If we score four tries, then we must, if anything, intensify our concentration. Don't give them a sniff of our line. Ruthless must be the mantra in Bristol.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 07:27:34 AM »
Bit late this morning 😁

My apologies Neils 😅 I think we were tapping away at the same time. Great minds! 😂

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 07:31:50 AM »

What's there logic for a Friday night game that isn't on TV?

I thought games typically got moved to Fridays to fulfill TV scheduling requirements

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 07:45:41 AM »
Ooh, 2 threads, morning to you all on this one too. Shows how asleep I am.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 07:49:17 AM »

I thought games typically got moved to Fridays to fulfill TV scheduling requirements

Presumably something to do with the 6 nations.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 07:52:53 AM »

Presumably something to do with the 6 nations.

For Bristol, Friday night games mean the footie club need the stadium at a commercially acceptable time.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2022, 08:01:59 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Awkward decision this morning, picking between Wombles or Neils! Both upstanding contributors who offer lots of interesting insights and thoughts about all things Wasps. However, as far as I remember, Wombles started the morning all tradition in the other place, so that clinched it for me!

Feels like spring in Solihull. Cannot wait for the game later. Bristol injuries reads a bit like us earlier in the season, it's not just about numbers, key players and positions affected.

Here's to a great game, Come on you Wasps!

Safe travels,
Notso

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 08:06:30 AM »
And it's a second good morning to everyone!  Hoping for a win here but you can never tell. Allez Allez Allez  and safe journeys to everyone and stay safe.  C O Y W .................................

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 09:13:10 AM »
Good morning from a lovely North Dorset.

It was just about light when I set off for my walk this morning so I leaned back in and left my torch before setting off for a glorious walk. When I got back nearly 2 hours later I realised I hadn't picked up a key to replace the one that's attached to the torch. The problem is that Mrs BiND would win Gold in the Olympics sleeping-in event and if woken by me banging on the door would then get Gold for grumbling and muttering all morning.

There was only one recourse, I'd have to jump over the back fence and retrieve the spare key we have hidden in the garden and hope it worked, its been there nearly 11 years. I say jump, what would have been a nice elegant gate vault 50 years ago was an ungainly scramble that would no doubt have had onlookers in fits of giggles, fortunately we're not overlooked.

Anyway, I'm now breakfasted and coffee'd and looking forward to tonight's game. I think Wombles is right, this is going to boil down to the centres and I really don't see us shutting them out, they'll have been studying last weeks game and seeing how vulnerable we are. Perhaps its time to return to the "we don't care how many tries you score, we're scoring more" game plan?

Safe journey's to anyone travelling and a good day to you all.

Simon

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2022, 09:17:59 AM »
Morning all from what is a sunny and cold S Glos. Seems that any result is possible tonight - the roads/travel to Briz appear mainly untouched by problems according to local news, so safe travels and enjoy coming to the West.

Dog not moving much as yet - but no choice will be given soon....coffee needed (for me) and we'll be into the park

COYW

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »
Good morning all,
Lovely day in Coventry so far.
Finishing work early to run some errands and do the weekly shop in advance of a weekend of rugby - get in there!
I'm a little nervous about tonight as its only a matter of time before Bristol start winning again. We need the game in the bag by the time they unload their strong bench.
Our pack looks strong and I'm expecting Dan to put in a better performance tonight. If Jacob has taken his kicking boots I think we can win tonight.
Big game.
COYW. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2022, 09:37:11 AM »
Morning all. I think this one will be tricky. I’m hoping we can dominate up front which won’t allow them too much ball. I’m hoping they carry on their Harlem Globetrotters style (without the end product) for at least one more game. We should target their 9 and 10 who don’t have a lot of game time.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 09:41:30 AM »
Morning all, last day of half term here in sunny Cov and a trip out to Warwick Races with the children on the cards for this afternoon before rugby takes over.