Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England  (Read 3418 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2022, 05:58:46 PM »
Completely agree that all the hybrid player stuff that Eddie wants is balls, I have nothing to add to the voices above save agreement.

However,  I thought the standard of reffing this weekend, and in the 6n this year, far exceeds that of recent years. It may not be how I want the game to be reffed at times, especially around offside, but it has been consistent and equal for both teams, which compared to some of the tosh we have endured in the last few years, is an improvement.
I thought Sco/Fra was remarkably well reffed by Dixon, and had thought the England Wales game was fairly reffed, even if the whistle went too often.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
Joe and Alfie retained for three days with the squad in Bristol....so we won't be seeing them (if at all) much before the weekend.

And Furbank....does anyone see what Jones sees in Furbank? Looks a very decent Prem player, but Ford's been dropped, which suggests that Furbank will be fly half cover....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 02:54:32 PM by mike909 »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 03:30:56 PM »
I think think Ford is on Eddie's naughty step, to be honest, after R1

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2022, 04:25:00 PM »
That, or like some significant other examples, perhaps gave an honest answer to Jones.....

hopwood

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2022, 04:32:45 PM »
...."Others omitted from the Bristol camp include George Ford and Joe Marler, who need game-time with Leicester and Harlequins respectively.

Others in that category are Orlando Bailey, Ollie Chessum, Joe Heyes, Louis Lynagh, Raffi Quirke, Adam Radwan and Bevan Rodd. "

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2022, 05:29:17 PM »
Joe and Alfie retained for three days with the squad in Bristol....so we won't be seeing them (if at all) much before the weekend.

Don't we have a bye this weekend?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2022, 05:32:08 PM »

Yup. The one that gets me is Marler- needing game time!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2022, 05:48:39 PM »
With it being a bye week I fully expected Jones to release Launchbury and Barbeary to play! Isn’t the whole thing a bit of a farce now? For a start the games feel dotted about due to the rest weekends. You then have some Nations releasing players back for non playing weekends and some not. Then throw in Jones’ random picks and a chaotic assessment of who wants/needs/asks to play and the whole thing feels de-valued. At club level and the 6N.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2022, 06:00:21 PM »
Ah....forgot about the bye w/e

Still, be back in camp next Tues......

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2022, 06:22:48 PM »

Aren't people now satisfied it wasn't a conspiracy to just release him to play against Wasps!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2022, 06:44:33 PM »

Aren't people now satisfied it wasn't a conspiracy to just release him to play against Wasps!

He just nearly always gets released.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2022, 07:00:09 PM »

Perhaps because Eddie only lets him play so few minutes, came on at 71 minutes against Wales to add 9 to the 32 minutes from the previous two 6 nations games, can understand him wanting / needing game time rather than the much mentioned on here tackle shield holding.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2022, 11:07:25 PM »

Perhaps because Eddie only lets him play so few minutes, came on at 71 minutes against Wales to add 9 to the 32 minutes from the previous two 6 nations games, can understand him wanting / needing game time rather than the much mentioned on here tackle shield holding.

And when released he plays almost 80 minutes.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2022, 11:24:06 PM »
That, or like some significant other examples, perhaps gave an honest answer to Jones.....
Anyone being honest with Jones will be on their ear pretty quickly. I would love to think that is the case, but suspect none of the Engjand camp would tell Jones what they really thought of his 'selections'.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2022, 10:28:51 AM »
Anyone being honest with Jones will be on their ear pretty quickly. I would love to think that is the case, but suspect none of the Engjand camp would tell Jones what they really thought of his 'selections'.

And you know who they are, as they've been purged.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!