Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England  (Read 3429 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2022, 10:48:21 AM »
And apparently BV has been rejected "never to return" because of attitude and negativity around camp.....which given his club form and England's failings, ball in hand, is rather a shame.....

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2022, 11:01:00 AM »
I wonder if Eddie has banished anyone from the RFU who had negative opinions of his set up - now no one can get in touch with him to fire him

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2022, 11:31:42 AM »
And apparently BV has been rejected "never to return" because of attitude and negativity around camp.....which given his club form and England's failings, ball in hand, is rather a shame.....

I'd like to propose the hypothesis that Billy is back on form and playing near his best because he's no longer part of the England set-up.  He's no longer worried about what Mental eddie will say or do if he doesn't toe the line, and is back to just being a talented rugby player.

I'd also like to propose that the converse is true of Dobby. He is playing the way we hate to watch Youngs play for England, because the unhinged one has told him "what he needs to work on"...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2022, 12:41:57 PM »

I'd like to propose the hypothesis that Billy is back on form and playing near his best because he's no longer part of the England set-up.  He's no longer worried about what Mental eddie will say or do if he doesn't toe the line, and is back to just being a talented rugby player.

I'd also like to propose that the converse is true of Dobby. He is playing the way we hate to watch Youngs play for England, because the unhinged one has told him "what he needs to work on"...

Seems fair. BV's club stats from Opta are right back were they were when England won games assertively. Last time seen vs France last 6Ns....and Dan seems lost - and what an old hooker would know about playing 9 is anyone's guess.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2022, 01:02:24 PM »
... what an old hooker would know about playing 9 is anyone's guess.
I thought you were an old prop Mike. That's what your posts usually say 😉

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2022, 01:07:14 PM »

Seems fair. BV's club stats from Opta are right back were they were when England won games assertively. Last time seen vs France last 6Ns....and Dan seems lost - and what an old hooker would know about playing 9 is anyone's guess.
I’m guessing he means Eddie?

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »
... what an old hooker would know about playing 9 is anyone's guess.
I thought you were an old prop Mike. That's what your posts usually say 😉

I sure am.....loose in head and in position!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2022, 06:16:14 PM »
Yes, upturn in form for BV may also be to lack of “high energy training required for the international scene even though it makes you play worse”.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2022, 12:24:42 PM »
An apparent leaked 15 has Launchbury starting in place of Ewells against Ireland

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2022, 11:10:41 AM »
Tweet from Bobby Bridge:

The Times has reported that Itoje is a 'late doubt' for England. If he doesn't feature v Ireland, one suspects that Launchbury will start with Chessum promoted to the bench. OR Dombrandt could be a lock option (Cardiff Met days) with  Barbeary added to bench...
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2022, 11:46:47 AM »
Tweet from Bobby Bridge:

The Times has reported that Itoje is a 'late doubt' for England. If he doesn't feature v Ireland, one suspects that Launchbury will start with Chessum promoted to the bench. OR Dombrandt could be a lock option (Cardiff Met days) with  Barbeary added to bench...

BBC reporting that he has been taken ill over night..........Incidently Cockers has tested positive for covid.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!