Always a Wasp

Author Topic: EAs V Tiggers (Spoiler)  (Read 1453 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
EAs V Tiggers (Spoiler)
« on: March 05, 2022, 03:38:11 PM »
For lack of anything else to do I'm watching EAs. Not a bad game.

CMK has just yellow carded the Tiggers winger for diving in after a try had been scored. Good to see, its not punished enough.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: EAs V Tiggers (Spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 03:44:28 PM »
For lack of anything else to do I'm watching EAs. Not a bad game.

CMK has just yellow carded the Tiggers winger for diving in after a try had been scored. Good to see, its not punished enough.

Coincidence that Care and Doyle were discussing this ( and knees in back )before start? Maybe CMK in earshot.

Costing Tigers now

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:54:31 PM »
Also, CMK penalised the Cheats for being off side at the kick off earlier in the half. Not often seen and should be more frequently.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 03:56:30 PM »
Also, CMK penalised the Cheats for being off side at the kick off earlier in the half. Not often seen and should be more frequently.
+1

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 06:01:21 PM »
Another impressive refereeing performance by CMK. He is no longer the person everyone is talking about.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 06:20:11 PM »
Another impressive refereeing performance by CMK. He is no longer the person everyone is talking about.

My only criticism on CMK was the bad roll neck on Billy, disappointed a yellow wasn’t given, that could have been very serious.

The intensity from both teams was very good

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 06:37:53 PM »
I like the way he doesn't give a running commentary or spend his time shouting at players to be onside etc. They should know the laws and when they transgressed they got pinged. One notable occasion was when EAs were defending on their own line and he pinged them for hands on the floor over the line. Some refs, yes, I'm looking at you Wayne, would have been screaming  at the players.

I'm sure the players respond better to that sort of reffing and I didn't see much backchat.

I agree about the neckroll deserving a yellow.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 10:11:59 PM »

Has not been for a while. He has 100 plus games under his belt, and has relaxed. One of the better refs now.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 11:36:37 PM »

Has not been for a while. He has 100 plus games under his belt, and has relaxed. One of the better refs now.
Agreed.

Sarries impressive throughout. Tomkins had another good game. Why did he have to opt for Wales? Grrrr. Billy V impressive too. I’d have given Green a red for that. Davies a red too, would’ve made it harder for the awesome Sarries defence.

Funniest scrum pen of the season in the first half. Koch destroyed the Leics scrum and Barrington got pinged for simply standing completely still in the same place. Top flight comedy from the officials. The look on Barrington’s face said it all.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 03:07:37 PM »

My only criticism on CMK was the bad roll neck on Billy, disappointed a yellow wasn’t given, that could have been very serious.

The intensity from both teams was very good

I think he got the Davies yellow wrong, it was a clear red to me

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 03:32:27 PM »
I wasn't sure how Davies got anything less than red.  First reaction on seeing the replay at the time was that it looked a certain red card.  The neck roll getting just a penalty was baffling.  CMK tried to justify it through some mitigation with another tackler involved making it appear worse, but I completely failed to see what he was seeing.  It was as clear and obvious a neck roll as you'll see, and a far more reckless and cynical act than many head collisions that are given red without hesitation.  All for protecting the head, but necks are pretty important too.