Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 4466 times)

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2022, 05:02:35 PM »
In a 5 point game, they had two tries that obviously should have been chalked off, we had one.

Utterly embarrassing from Barnes and the TMO. Rugby is an absolute lottery nowadays.

We were far too sloppy, far too many players just not putting in the required effort.

If we see Jimmy in a Wasps shirt again we really do have an issue, utterly atrocious today. Glad he's smiling though.
Are you actually trying to say we’ve lost this because of the officials.

No I'm saying that when you have proffesional officials and technology to have 3 tries stand that obviously shouldn't have been given is ridiculous.

We aren't good enough due to a completely void of leadership in the back line. But the lottery that is rugby officiating  is getting ridiculous.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2022, 05:03:09 PM »
How crap was that. We did well to get a bonus point which we didn’t deserve. So many players not at the races. Good effort from Brad, Tom and Jack again. Apart from Paolo and Porter when he came on, the backs were anonymous . If only Mills wasn’t made of glass and could make it onto the pitch a few games on the trot

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2022, 05:06:13 PM »
Lee needs to be worried. Feels like the last days of Dai’s era right now from a performance perspective.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2022, 05:07:30 PM »
I’m just hoping nobody comes on here and tries to defend that or the recent performances. Even the games we’ve won have had an element of luck in them. Saying that I’m sure somebody will come on and find a reason why we lost and not the fact we just aren’t good enough, now if that’s down to player quality or coaching is an interesting question

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2022, 05:08:17 PM »
Right now I think there are lots of players- Jimmy, Watson, Bassett, Miller, Booj, Jacob who are just not at top 6 level and may not be next year. Squads cannot be all gold dust, but there are too many squad men in the ranks. Jimmy is as over the hill as Mr Barnes, you just can't play at 39 at this level as a starter.

There are others who are also not at that level who have more excuses- Spink looks a fine prospect, Charlie may get there.

Who knows where we will be with players like Minozzi. Or Crossdale for that matter.

Porter was awesome from the bench, can he do it from the start? If the plan is for a controlled game and the sub to inject pace at nine, you have to question the coaching.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2022, 05:10:45 PM »
Can’t believe Grayson missed his penultimate kick, then we get a chance to attack again, which we have to go for, to then be slow at the breakdown left me very frustrated as it was going to cost us the LBP, cannot believe Grayson missed again,
Porter brought some great energy yet again. JTA and Hislop again hindered our scrum when they came on, beggars can’t be choosers but they just never work well together.
Great having shields back, Willis bros were industrious again and Oghre very good in the loose. The backs are just not working at the moment.

Odendaal coming in is going to give us a bit more punch at 12 but at the moment I cannot see him changing much.
The 9,10,12 axis just isn’t working at the moment with any combination.
Spink improves game on game but is not bossing that area. Odogwu was good and Bassett solid  but just not enough compared to Sleightholme, Skosan, Collins. Add in the rest of their backs and they play so much better as a team and as a unit even with Grayson not having played much.
Not sure how Randall is in ahead of Mitchell for England.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2022, 05:18:47 PM »
If you are going to get Gabby at 2, and benefit from his jackals and mobility, then you need West to be backed up by another West, not Hislop. Gabby is a luxury. Frankly he looks good enough to play anywhere, but we need better support.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2022, 05:21:15 PM »
Watson was abysmal at FB. Never linked play at all and threw some shocking passes. How is he selected ahead of Crossdale. I feel sorry for those who slog their guts out week in week out to have it rewarded with the casualness and inaccuracy of others. It was good to see Frost, Carr and Porter add some intensity. But we really need some 80 minute performances.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
Watson was abysmal at FB. Never linked play at all and threw some shocking passes. How is he selected ahead of Crossdale. I feel sorry for those who slog their guts out week in week out to have it rewarded with the casualness and inaccuracy of others. It was good to see Frost, Carr and Porter add some intensity. But we really need some 80 minute performances.

I read somewhere that Ali has a calf issue. Close to being back but not quite there yet. Correct me if I am wrong.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2022, 05:37:15 PM »

I read somewhere that Ali has a calf issue. Close to being back but not quite there yet. Correct me if I am wrong.

Correct, and he took another knock on it in training this week.