Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What does it look like fixed?  (Read 2837 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: What does it look like fixed?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2022, 10:37:51 AM »
Indeed, you would of thought Wasps players would of learned a lesson from when Beale dropped the ball over the line against Leinster a few years ago

FrankWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2022, 10:41:42 AM »
Seem to remember WLR doing one as well!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2022, 10:58:48 AM »
Not just Wasps though, sometimes the oppo return the favour!

Away at Irish at the Mad Stad several years ago, we were already well beaten , and I think it was Leguizamon clean through and went for the big swallow dive over the line with no-one near him, only to drop the ball.

Then of course there's Sam Vesty at Bath in 2012.  Should've scored, but slowed casually as he approached the line and Varndell got to him in time, denying him the try and securing Wasps a LBP that ultimately helped us stay up that season.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2022, 11:23:26 AM »

Away at Irish at the Mad Stad several years ago, we were already well beaten , and I think it was Leguizamon clean through and went for the big swallow dive over the line with no-one near him, only to drop the ball.

Then of course there's Sam Vesty at Bath in 2012.  Should've scored, but slowed casually as he approached the line and Varndell got to him in time, denying him the try and securing Wasps a LBP that ultimately helped us stay up that season.

Yes I think it was Legiuzoman, I was there for that match.

hopwood

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2022, 11:32:26 AM »
Dear old Freddie Burns….2018.

https://youtu.be/QGJOJtlvsrc

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2022, 11:34:18 AM »

Yes I think it was Legiuzoman, I was there for that match.

Same here. It was right in front of me and I seem to remember the ball bounced and hit him on the way back up as he was coming down out of his dive  ;D