Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Alfie in shape of his life as England debut hopes grow:  (Read 615 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alfie in shape of his life as England debut hopes grow:
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 02:41:18 PM »
Eddie keeping his cards close to his chest on selection this week.  Usually on the day the team is announced, the morning papers and media channels are running the story all day, so the actual announcement just confirms what we all already knew.  Or maybe it's just that some of the players that aren't available or have been dropped, along with some of those that have been retained have actually made it difficult for the journos to second guess who's in.

Would be good to see Alfie get his chance.  Not many out and out back rowers left in the squad, but I'd imagine we'll see Lawes 6, Underhill 7 and one of Dombrandt and Simmonds at 8, with the other on the bench.  Then comes down to whether EJ thinks Lawes provides adequate 2nd row cover, so allows himself the luxury of Alfie as a bit of a wild card from the bench instead.  Sadly I think Alfie is likely to miss out.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »
Yep. I suspect that too. What is England's summer tour this year? I fancy a few of our lads could be on the bus.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »
Yep. I suspect that too. What is England's summer tour this year? I fancy a few of our lads could be on the bus.
Wallabies

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 03:04:24 PM »

And on a bloody ambulance back.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 05:18:06 PM »
And ..... drum roll, Alfie is ..... back with us. No Wasps in the team. But a lot of Tigers.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »
And ..... drum roll, Alfie is ..... back with us. No Wasps in the team. But a lot of Tigers.

Wot? No weekend in Paris 8)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!