Always a Wasp

Author Topic: RFU support EJ’s continuance  (Read 2835 times)

Ipswichwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
RFU support EJ’s continuance
« on: March 20, 2022, 07:37:18 PM »
Any chance of getting a petition against him? Change.org ?
He is awful.

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: RFU support EJ’s continuance
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 07:57:27 PM »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 08:14:50 PM »
"Solid Progress"

Doesn't that suggest you are getting better results? Or, at least, playing better?

#Building a new .. team"

Doesn't that mean out with the old, tired, past it players? Not keeping as many as you can.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 08:36:34 PM »
Err ...  let's see ....  remind me ...  aren't they the people who let Shaun  Edwards go to Wales?  And then to France?   

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 11:57:17 PM »
The reviews are a joke, the last one was even worse mentioning lack of preparation time for the team being a major concern and coaching changes but somehow none of that being Eddie’s fault.
This will just be the same.

To me this just sounds like the RFU again realising they gave Eddie a ridiculous contract extension and now can’t afford to get rid of him as well as recruit a new coach.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 12:03:21 AM »
They read the full statement out on Radio 5 live this evening on a rugby programme in incredulity at the claims it makes about ‘strong progress’.

I’m not one to always agree with Ugo Monye but he summed it up perfectly saying it was plainly ‘dishonest’. He also said it was a faceless statement with no name to it deliberately to avoid questions back. It’s cowardly and a lie.

The panel agreed the statement was ‘an insult to the intelligence of every England rugby supporter’.

Either EJ wrote it himself, or the RFU is happy to sit in an ivory tower and take the way of modern politics by spreading blatant disinformation. I wonder if the old farts realise that they’ve just trashed the RFU’s credibility?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 06:06:03 AM »
They know it’s incorrect but they can’t say anything else as they’d have to get rid and they can’t afford that. Is solid progress giving it to your prop and telling him to run into the biggest international pack around? Or playing someone on the wing who had limited pace but can jump? Etc etc.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 07:30:24 AM »
5th last year. 3rd this year. Progress I suppose. Not really solid progress though.

I do sometimes wonder if the RFU old farts actually watch any rugby.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 08:10:40 AM »
5th last year. 3rd this year. Progress I suppose. Not really solid progress though.

I do sometimes wonder if the RFU old farts actually watch any rugby.

Progress my arse. England have the same win/loss ratio as last year and have scored fewer tries.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 08:21:26 AM »
Solid progress.....Just read the statement. Now - for my sins, I've read and indeed authored some ambiguously worded reports in order to  say damn all, and this is right up there with the most dishonest.

At no point this 6Ns did England play as well as they did last 6Ns - especially in beating a vg France side, playing to their strengths. That it was an isolated game ought not detract from the fact that the win vs France, showed exactly how England win big games. That they couldn't repeat is surely down to the coaching....

Lol basically put it well -  suggesting that a key issue is "......the gap in terms of ambition and execution of game plan is so vast...............we come back to the fact that France have made real advances since the 2019 World Cup, while England haven't"

I'm with Lol.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 08:32:37 AM »
Let's not forget the RFU cannot afford to change anything - they haven't got the money to pay off Mad Eddie's contract, and they know he won't change the way he operates.

Therefore there is no way any report would do anything but keep the status quo.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 09:00:51 AM »
Plus 1 Roger.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 09:23:43 AM »
As I have said previously, the RFU need to appoint a visionary England Head Coach/DOR, whatever they want to call him.

He then needs to define the structure of the international sides from U18 upwards. Players should be identified early and progressed through the system. The style of play should be very similar right up the the senior side.

This is what France have done. They have appointed an experinced management squad and there is interface with all the coaches from the U18s upwards.

Hence they will arrive at RWC next year with a decent chance of winning it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »
You have got to be impressed though - the way they are supporting their employee. 👍
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2022, 09:55:06 AM »
I think we're all presuming that the RFU 's goal is to win the RWC. It may actually be to win the wooden spoon.