Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bath game  (Read 1887 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bath game
« on: October 20, 2018, 09:57:41 AM »
Morning all(reads a little oddly as only a few of us seem to look in here!), best wishes to you and yours. Still unable to post on the other board so I have not been able to pass on my best wishes to ADOW, if you read this board then just to let you know that I have been cheering extra load and am more than happy to sign your shirt ;-) Take care and hang in there through the chemo.

Today's game is going to be a cracker, our players are some of the most talented in the premiership. They have been thrown together in a way never planned due to injury etc. Today they will work as a unit, they will have learnt from the season so far, they will not panic, they will trust each other and they will reap the rewards. Look at the Leicester team yesterday, they have found their game, so will Wasps. Look out Bath, they are coming for you.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Bath game
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 11:00:19 AM »
Look out Bath, they are coming for you.

I do hope so. We need a bit of stability at the moment. I am still concerned that Daly is not working out as skipper.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
That hasd to be one of the most frustrating games in a long time!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
Well, after the dust has settled I feel like there are some signs of encouragement, accepting I got a bit excited before the game, but they are good players! I noticed how during the spells of great attack that players were running onto the ball more, whereas at other times everyone was just stood still for the pass. Perhaps a sign that they are still learning each other's plays, interesting that the Young try was made by players that know each other well, with a great run from Miller, to Daly, to Simpson, to Young. Ash's try was also finished with a lovely line run onto Simpson's pass, which reminded me of a try Hughes score off of Robson a couple of seasons ago albeit Ash had a bit more distance to the line.

Really pleased to see Simpson going well, and Miller's starting to get back into it as well. When he set up Daly before Young's try I was thinking full backs normally seem to just run into contact or try and find a way through by themselves. I am sure they will analyse some decisions, but it was nice to see the attack still is there to be unlocked.

In defence there was a short spell where they came up as a line without someone rushing out of the and really put pressure on Bath, pushed back each phase. Wondering if the flying out of the line is a new strategy, or lack of trust and understanding.

Really hope that the break now allows the new guys to really have some time to work with each other.