Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ugo Monye on Christian Wade Leaving Rugby  (Read 1751 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Ugo Monye on Christian Wade Leaving Rugby
« on: October 24, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
Says Christian has been let down by rugby. "I could only dream of doing the stuff Christian Wade can do," said Monye.

Full article here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45953282

For once I agree with Ugo 100%. It's a great sporting tragedy.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ugo Monye on Christian Wade Leaving Rugby
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:34:41 PM »
Yes, he always speaks highly of Wade and Cipps. I think it would be easier to understand if Wade had been looked at on an international stage a bit more. I hate the argument about not being international standard, we don't know, well apart from a hat-trick of trys with England against the Barbarians.

By the way. Given that he is third highest try scorer in only 8 years, compared with Varndell at 14years and Cueto 17yrs. If he is only a flat track bully against lower teams, why arn't other wingers scoring those trys?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:32:57 AM by Brandnewtorugby »

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ugo Monye on Christian Wade Leaving Rugby
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 06:40:39 PM »
Thinking onwards about how we deal with the Wade sized hole.

Given Bassett was given two games at 14 and WLR has played at 11 for us, admittedly when Beale was with us. I was thinking another possible option that I have not seen mentioned could be WLR  on the wing at 11 and Miller at full back. I am pretty sure that's how they played when Miller came on against Bath, at least they were in that sort of position when they both set up Young's try. Just a thought.