Always a Wasp

Author Topic: SCW bludgeons the RFU and Jones.  (Read 775 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SCW bludgeons the RFU and Jones.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 10:05:15 AM »
Seems fair. The text from Jones after meeting Sweeney was quite unbelievable....I mean WTF?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 10:42:58 AM »
Never thought I'd be saying it again, but well done SCW

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 11:39:56 AM »
Seems fair. The text from Jones after meeting Sweeney was quite unbelievable....I mean WTF?

Especially considering that (as far as i'm aware) I don't think SCW has publicised he's thoughts/feelings about what went wrong during the build-up to the final that he has spoken to Sweeney about.

hopwood

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 11:56:05 AM »
It’s about time a few people started to scrutinise Bill Sweeney.
There’s so much that’s wrong about England, the RFU and even Twickenham and it’s current pricing structure.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 12:29:30 PM »
Over the last few years I really think Sir Clive has sounded like a stuck record, potentially a little bitter and in my opinion a little out of touch with the modern game.

In recent months however he has seemed a more logical in his criticism and a lot more sincere.
I hope he hasn’t got a book coming out and these articles are building up momentum for that but he is making a lot more sense and accountability is an important discussion here and the likes of O’Shea and Sweeney do not get enough of a mention.
SCW was revolutionary with some of ideas back in the early 2000s and I would be interested to see what he can do now. Perhaps time for him to put his money where is mouth is and get back into the game once and for all.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 04:03:11 PM »
End of the day he has a point or two. Considering Eddie lost the final so badly, our worst if the 4, I would love to know what SCW thinks was wrong.