Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB's talking points vs Gloucester.  (Read 523 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
BB's talking points vs Gloucester.
« on: April 04, 2022, 10:57:31 AM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB's talking points vs Gloucester.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 11:36:16 AM »
Good summary. A win definitely built on defence. With the vaunted arrival of Haydon-Wood it does indeed look like Umaga’s future is seen at 15. Key moments have understandably been picked out but for me the sheer work rate of 4,5,6,7 and 8 was the decisive factor.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 12:41:07 PM »
Pretty fair points made by BB.

Jacob does seem to get turned over in contact with a greater frequency than most.  Not sure if that's a lack of fight in/after tackle (one of the things the coaching team actively monitor/score) or if he finds himself away from support.  Both are typical coaching work-ons for Jacob, I think.

The point about Defence scoring points is fair, the pressure led to Jacob intercepting the kick and going the length of the field but I don't like Defence being attributed to that try; sure pressure led to problems for Gloucester but they could have quite easily kept ball in hand and sought to recycle, or have been tackled into touch.  That we scored from the pressure was luck as much as anything.

I'd much rather we started working (or seeing the results of working) on our strike plays again.  The Atkinson try was very well worked in the end, he made a very late run to the right of the maul to create and the gap and take advantage.

Was sort of a BB talking point (the Aerial Battle) - But that we scored then immediately conceded a try with Charlie failing to claim the ball is typical Wasps.  We seem to relax psychology after scoring, it feels like it's when we're often at our weakest.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 12:48:37 PM »
Pretty fair points made by BB.

Was sort of a BB talking point (the Aerial Battle) - But that we scored then immediately conceded a try with Charlie failing to claim the ball is typical Wasps.  We seem to relax psychology after scoring, it feels like it's when we're often at our weakest.

Charlie had to have an ankle heavily strapped prior to Moyles' up and under and I think it was fairly obvious (at least to me) watching the game live, that he was hampered by his ankle when running for the catch.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!