Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB- 10 Players who could leave  (Read 1665 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB- 10 Players who could leave
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 10:57:44 AM »
If it helps getting us another 3 players which are better then I don't have an issue with it. To be fair apart from Nemo and Ben the rest do need to go.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2022, 11:04:51 AM »
I'll be sorry to see Nemo gone, ditto Morris and I hope as supporters we appreciate the efforts put in - I'll always value MleB's efforts when he went from a bit part player to virtually only centre standing and had to - for me anyway - learn on the job.

I agree. Nemo is a funny one, he hasn't been here long, was it always seen as short term injury cover? Did his family join him? He's been a loyal servant and I hope he hasn't been messed about.

Morris has always done a good job and seems reliable, I hope we don't miss him. Maybe he's lookin for more game time?

I've always been a fan of Booj, for the reasons you give. He's had some outstanding moments but hasn't played well recently. We still need that 4th centre/squad player who knows and accepts that's their role. Maybe they see that role being filled by the academy if Booj does go?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2022, 11:07:32 AM »
The front rows that we are losing are to be expected. Scholz will go down as a disappointment for his time with us, but we should remember the positives - he came on against Toulouse and held up in the scrums and smashed into rucks and mauls like a demon. As for Jeff, a great squad guy for sure, and he will be missed. But again, I think we have upgraded.

I would look to keep Carr and Morris for sure, and am sure Carr will be on a two-year deal.

Miller and Booj have probably come to the end of their time with us, but if others say you wonder how attractive they'd be to other Prem clubs. For Miller, like Minozzi, you'd think the stated aim for a new fullback spends the end of their time with us. But at the same time, letting three 15s go, having played a 10 out of position, to bring in one more, is a bit of a head scratcher. And from a DOR who played 15 as well

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure Scholz was a stop gap, I remember last year Lee being quoted as saying something along the lines that there were players he wanted to sign but weren't available yet (ie Koch).
I doubt Carr is off, with Young leaving we probably need both him and Morris to cover the back row.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2022, 03:28:24 PM »
Strange article.

JTA, Scholtz and Cam Anderson were given their farewells at the End of Season Dinner.  So why bother putting them down in a list of possible leavers?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2022, 03:45:14 PM »
Strange article.

JTA, Scholtz and Cam Anderson were given their farewells at the End of Season Dinner.  So why bother putting them down in a list of possible leavers?

Because "10 Players Possibly Leaving" is a better headline than "7 Players Possibly Leaving".