Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good Morning all  (Read 734 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Good Morning all
« on: April 15, 2022, 06:34:11 AM »
Well, here we are, back in a European cup KO tournament again. For me (joe cool😎) the excitement started building yesterday afternoon. My regular streaming service isn't showing the Challenge Cup, only the other one 🙄, so I'll put my trust in EPCRTV and hope all goes well. I expect the boys will be excited too. Good luck lads. Go out and enjoy the game. My wife will be wondering why I'm screaming ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ at my computer screen. Actually I've been telling her all week that there's a big game on.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning all
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 07:21:02 AM »
Morning Ross and everyone else.

Yes European match(es) again. Sadly we have even checked out the possible next round opponents venue! Back to today - We are putting out a strong team fully rested but this lot have little else to play for this season so I expect it to be a tough match. Do we have enough? I really hope so.

Safe travels to the few going - brave and rich soles but a very enjoyable weekend.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 07:23:49 AM »
Morning Ross, Neils and all Waspies from a sunny Guildford. Good Friday is upon us once more, and as the bank holiday weekend begins so does the game day prep! My Wasps boxers, socks and shirt are good to go. Dog walking, lunch at a lovely phenomenally good independent Sicilian coffee shop in Guildford awaits. €4.99 of our hard earned has been given to EPCR and I am exceptionally excited to see us play in one of the Basques rugby citadels once more.

This tournament is a huge opportunity. We have not lifted silverware since 2008, it cannot be understated how important it is for a team to win something, to have a title to cherish and a tangible return for their efforts. Yes it is not the top table, but winning the Parker pen at the turn of the century was a moment that heralded further success, it gives you momentum, belief and pride. You hold your heads up that little bit higher. This can be our watershed moment if we take it. It won’t be easy as there are quality teams left in the competition, and no trip to one of rugby’s heartlands should be taken lightly. But given that Champions cup qualification is a further reward for winning this tournament we need to go all out to get our hands on this damned trophy!

I am pumped!

Come on you Wasps!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 07:25:17 AM »
Good morning everyone  Can't see a flippin thing here  -  it's all foggy. There's  probably something happening out there.  Don't know what.  Our team looks Good and I hope they play to their full potential  ....  no injuries. no penalties, no reds.  Top enjoyment.  And safe journeys to them and to everyone, especially those going to shout Allez Allez Allez.   Good luck Team  -  you CAN  do this.   

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 07:55:56 AM »
Good morning one and all.  Cool and damp underfoot in Devizes.  Self isolating following positive Covid test with not much to do other than wait to watch the game - at least I have the correct day this time!
 Robert.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 08:14:36 AM »
Good Morning to each and every one of you. Bright morning here in S Bucks and the forecast for Biarritz is dry with temp around 15C.

Really looking forward to this match. Our team looks strong and a decent bench to go with it. Nothing to lose. Give it everything and come back with the W.

Watched our last match on Prem Rugby stream so it will be interesting to see how the EPCR stream compares.

#COYW

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 08:24:01 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. I am in a similar position to you Wiltshire Wasp. Although part of me wonders why I am bothering to try and keep my bugs away from others as nobody else in the house seems to be bothered (not at all miffed that people have decided it isn't important now it comes to my turn to be waited on!).

Looking forward to the game today, team looks strong and has for the most part had time to settle. At the last game Joe looked back to his grinding disruptive best and there were glimpses of the Wasps flair.

Here's to a great performance between two great teams. Come on you Wasps.

Safe travels, if anyone was able to.
Notso

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 08:45:35 AM »
Morning all from a sunny and quite warm S Glos. Still to decide on how to follow the game but hoping for a good result from a team with lots to play for and a strong team at that.

I do feel that we have the team to win.

My only down side is that my fresh coffee has been delayed in the delivery melee of Easter w/e and will need to rely upon the emergency pack this morning - which is ok!

Safe travels to those going - I will be cooking our Easter treat meal this evening - so will raise a glass of rather nice Minervois later on in the general direction of France! Half leg of lamb and sides to be decided! Yum.

(We're cooking tonight as my wife has to do some family duties Sunday - the only time we can get access to an elderly parent's house when they are not there......)

COYW

Mike

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 09:10:09 AM »
Good morning everyone from a very sunny middle of nowhere in Germany. We left Cologne at 7:30 and we’re heading to Erfurt/ & Weimar. Hopefully the site were going to has decent coverage and I can sign up to EPCR to watch the game. 

No idea what to expect tonight as far as results go but I do expect to see the team playing more cohesive rugby, with the backs starting to look like they’ve met and trained together before tje game.

Well done to all those who got there, good luck to those still trying to get there and a happy and restful weekend to the rest and of you.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 09:38:45 AM »
Morning. I am pre booked for a night in Cardiff. Gutted to miss the match stream, I guess the absence of notice will have caught a few out. Live updates it will be!
No idea about this one, because I have seen little of the opposition.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 09:40:50 AM »
Good morning all,
Beautiful morning in Coventry today.
Really looking forward to today’s game and I’m fairly optimistic we might win with Alfie and the Willis brothers tearing things up. Kibirige’s inclusion suggests we are going to release our backs. Disappointed that Fifita and Crossdale can’t get in the squad.
Hats off to any Waspies that succeed in getting there.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 09:43:02 AM »
Morning all. Feels a little strange to be looking for progression in a cup comp we’ve no prior games in - but I am excited to see us progress and hopefully go further. Never easy away in France but I think we have a stronger 23 and are coming off 4 wins - hope that’s enough.