Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Senior Academy signing  (Read 838 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Academy signing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 02:48:21 PM »
Can't go wrong with a Durham lad #BleedPalatinate

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 02:52:53 PM »
Seems a decent prospect (if I’m  looking at right one) Chester / England counties player. Maybe slipped under Sale radar?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
Thought Ollie Monye might be the solid 5th choice option next year but as he’s at uni I guess it doesn’t help to have another option and then have them both shift up a place on the pecking order when Hougaard goes

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 04:16:03 PM »
Excellent news. Welcome Harry.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 04:44:58 PM »
Was just part of the England Students team which beat France Universities this afternoon.

Sunni Jardine, once of Wasps, also part of it at 15, apparently at Birmingham Uni and been playing in France this season.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 07:56:05 PM »
Thank you for the  up-date on Sunni Jardine. We saw him play at the Butts about 4 (?5) years ago and he struck me as extremely promising, and then  -  never heard any more of him.  It's nice to know he's made good progress and is still playing.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 08:41:54 PM »
Thank you for the  up-date on Sunni Jardine. We saw him play at the Butts about 4 (?5) years ago and he struck me as extremely promising, and then  -  never heard any more of him.  It's nice to know he's made good progress and is still playing.

He was the only player not involved in the top BUCS University league, I believe playing for Boucau Tarnos Stade in Federale 2 possibly in year abroad out of Birmingham uni.

I happened to find a live stream to the england students game with about 15 to go (by the sound of it the best part) so too late to post here but you can watch the whole game below if you wish and interview with Sunni is around 1:48:00

https://youtu.be/2ZmtfTWoYK8