Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good Morning All  (Read 4737 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Good Morning All
« on: December 01, 2018, 07:55:43 AM »
It's wet and windy in Hastings. Happily I don't have a dog to walk. Will start making breakfast after I have posted this, bacon and eggs on a Saturday and always a very large mug of strong tea. M&S Extra Strong: have started the day with that for at least 30 years.
I'm always concerned on match day who ever the oppo. Despite our injuries, a great opportunity for some players, I am sure TJ won't be overawed by Jamie George. Good to see Nemo, Brad and Nathan in the back row firing on all cylinders. Nathan particularly will want to show that Wilson is not the only 8 in the Prem. I'm looking forward to seeing Campo on the wing - very experienced player. Hoping Rosco keeps up the good work.

Safe journey to all traveling to Barnet. And good luck to the boys - lets do Exe a favour.

Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning All
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »
Morning Ross and everyone else!

I have a very busy day.  It's the kids' school xmas fair today and Mrs VV is the head of the PTA so has already been there for half an hour.  I have to get the kids there for 10am and look after the chocolate crazed darlings.  Then I have to feed them lunch and get them to Stagecoach for the dress rehearsal for their show.

So if I'm lucky I'll get to half follow the game online on my phone while taxi-ing them back and forth.

But that might not ba a bad thing as I'm not predicting a win, I'm steeling myself for a bit of a pasting to be honest.  A losing bonus point would be a massive triumph right now to my mind.

Time will tell...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »
Morning All. Slow start to the day. It's going to be a lazy day and watch the match this afternoon on my computer on a live stream. The house seems deadly quiet. The cats are sleeping off their morning meals, my wife is in bed, fast asleep, with a heavy cold (caught from me) and my daughter is at work till late tonight (a 10 hour shift). Outside it is wet and miserable.

Did any of you watch Dai's interview yesterday (now on Youtube)? A wry smile when he said 'People reckon I haven't got a heart…well it would be heartless not to play him [Rosco] after last week.'

See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJoVez4cec

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »
Good morning.

The kids have had me up for 3 hours, and I doubt they'll let me watch the game later either.

That's probably a good thing because I do get pretty depressed following a loss.

However, I'm sure a lot of Quins fans felt the same way before last night's game.
Anything is possible. They're only human

DuncanS

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 09:20:35 AM »
Morning everyone. Was supposed to be a nice, relaxing day today with the wife and daughter out, but a cold this week means I’m working for a few hours today to make up my time! Hope to be back to follow the game on Twitter. Obviously not too confident of a win, but I just hope some of the youngsters can put their hands up. I reckon a bonus point, in whichever form, would be an amazing result!

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »
Morning everyone. Wet and windy here in the Midlands. Just been out to help put up the village Xmas tree so feeling rather festive. Hope I'm feeling the same come five o'clock!
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

WaspieMatt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
Morning all. As the DW site has been down for days now I’ve decided to move over here!
Tough ask today- realistically a LBP would be a result but you just never know. We’re due a win at Allianz Park and the boys will have their confidence back after last week....
Looking forward to catching it on BT Sport.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 11:03:08 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Glad to read that you are on the mend VV.

Dropped lad at the coach to go to Wellingborough school for his game today. I normally go and watch but I had other business to finalise at Blade Triumph in Stratford! A bit of time before I have to go and collect him, so I will shortly be doing the dog walk, paper and coffee routine that Wombles got me into a few years ago.

I don't like wet 4g, think it is the worst of all worlds (except perhaps for burns) and gives a big advantage to those that train on and know 4g well in wet conditions. I wish there wasn't so much change again, but there is some serious talent, both new and experienced in both teams. It's exciting to see players coming through Wasps ranks, not many bigger tests than Sarries for them. I hope all of the Wasps players enjoy the occasion and don't force the game.  Here is to a great game, may the best team win, but COME ON YOU WASPS!

Take care and safe travels,
'Not so'

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
...but I had other business to finalise at Blade Triumph in Stratford!

Picking up the bike today? A bit of a miserable day for it, sadly, but may a ray of sunshine from the lads later today.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »

Picking up the bike today? A bit of a miserable day for it, sadly, but may a ray of sunshine from the lads later today.

Bought a new Triumph? Which model? Funnily enough I was due at Blade Triumph this morning at 10am as my mate was booked in for a test ride on a Explorer but the weather meant we rescheduled.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 02:16:50 PM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Glad to read that you are on the mend VV.

Thanks!  I've got a bit of a permanent limp now, but it's good enough that I can't get out of doing any of the weekend jobs now.

That's a good thing right?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 02:18:36 PM »
Morning all. As the DW site has been down for days now I’ve decided to move over here!

Welcome!  It's a lot quieter here, but generally less pessimistic.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »

Bought a new Triumph? Which model? Funnily enough I was due at Blade Triumph this morning at 10am as my mate was booked in for a test ride on a Explorer but the weather meant we rescheduled.

I think it was a Street Twin he was getting. I have a 2018 Honda CB1100RS. You ride as well Coddy? Are you local to South Warwickshire as well?

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 04:00:57 PM »
Yes Street Twin! Yes a wet test ride! Loved the bike though, so didn't care about getting a little wet!

Not picked up yet, test ride and sort the paperwork today. Got some savings coming out soon and cannot pick it up before so got to wait untill mid December. There's a new 2019 model soon, so there is a great deal on some pre-registered ones at £6499, last month they were £7800.

Feels like Wasps are finding a bit of form in the first half in spite of the score, but for agonising dropped balls. I think Hughes was trying to pass to WLR. Fully expect Sarries to come out firing, just hope we can keep up the intensity.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:55:49 PM by Brandnewtorugby »

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »

I think it was a Street Twin he was getting. I have a 2018 Honda CB1100RS. You ride as well Coddy? Are you local to South Warwickshire as well?

Yes mate, I ride a Triumph Tiger 800. I'm from Banbury so close to South Warwickshire.