Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 780 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: April 23, 2022, 06:17:48 AM »
Good morning all Waspies from a grey old Guildford! As usual despite another manic week in the working world - which I am sure will eventually lead me to residing in a padded room, which is all good as long as the TV in there shows rugby and cold beer will be on offer - we find ourselves awaking to that wonderful Saturday feeling with excited anticipation of our lads taking on Warriors at the CBS.

Lee has spoken about making the CBS a fortress, well today is a chance to prove it. Worcester are struggling in the league, but as easy as it is to feel confident about a win, given that any team can beat another on the day it is by no means a certainty. Worcester will be getting a harder edge under Diamond, and we will need a full performance to put them away. A win, and 5 points are essential today.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 06:38:44 AM »
Morning Wombles and All

Cloudless sky here with a slight breeze - excellent for the dog walk upcoming.

Our team looks to be strong and gives us hope of a win or maybe 5 points. However, Diamond will have his team drilled in our ways and care will be needed. Their injuries may help us though.

Safe travels to all going to Coventry.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 06:56:25 AM »
Morning all, this week from mild but cloudy NW Bavaria.

Had my walk and we’re just about to move on to another small town in plenty of time for me to check coverage and sign up for PRTV.

There’s many reasons why we need a win. On a personal level I was at the Worcester away game staying with a mate who is a local lad, so I’d like to get bragging rights back, hopefully with a good, solid, performance. I see no reason why that shouldn’t be the case. 

Safe travels everyone.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 07:14:31 AM »
Morning all. A bit grey here in Hastings. Let's raise Dimes' blood pressure again. Always like to upset the grumpy old sod. COYW.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 07:48:15 AM »
Good morning everyone, looking forward to this one, as we are finally finding a consistent selection. I expect us to be way too strong, especially at home.

Personally feel it was right to put Paolo on the bench and to start frosty.

Another match for Jack to get back to those exceptional levels he reached prior to his injury.

Just turning up will not be enough, so the team needs to be focused, which is lee’s job to make sure it happens

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 07:58:33 AM »
Morning from a grey and breezy S Glos.

Tea in hand, dog staring at me as I follow the morning news. This is one of those games that a clean, competent, and assured 21-0 win would mean a lot more to me as a fan than winning like Bristol managed last night.....where defence coaches could be seen tearing their own hair out...if they had any left...

Whilst I love the "Wasps Way", we need to start looking like a team that other teams don't believe they will get much of a chance.

That said, 42-0 with some lovely tries would be fine too  :D

COYW

Mike

Jac A

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 08:11:45 AM »
Morning all - my first 'Morning all' despite lurking round here for several years!

The sun hasn't made much of an appearance from behind cloud cover yet but it looks set to be a lovely day here in South London. Dog has had her first walk and I have returned to fresh coffee and bacon.

Looking forward to today, family commitments this evening mean I can't be at the CBS but shall be watching at home with the boy.

The team looks good and I'm hoping we can keep our run going.

Safe travels to anyone attending and best wishes to all.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 08:12:42 AM »
Morning all.

Blue sky above light breaking cloud here in S Bucks. A dry day forecast here, but Coventry does not look as promising :
https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/7-day/7407~Coventry

Nothing less than a 5 pointer will do today.

Safe travels to all.

#COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 08:21:40 AM »
Good morning everyone to our last Saturday Home game this season.  Please Team -  make it a brilliant one .....  one to remember for all the right Wasps reasons.  We're putting out an excellent team; play as a team and it's a W.  Hopefully the weather will improve  as at  the moment here it is cold, damp, misty, foggy, cloudy and generally unpleasant.  Coventry weather sounds a lot better.  Good luck team  and safe journeys to everyone.  C O Y W  and Allez Allez Allez .............

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2022, 09:07:09 AM »
Morning all, Scrambled eggs consumed and now at work with my 2nd coffee of the day.

Finish work at 12 then catch a train to the stadium where we expect a win given the contrasting recent form of both teams.

The good lady and myself will be jumping off the train at Leamington on the way back to Banbury for a meal and hopefully a celebratory Cider or two.

COYW

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 09:09:35 AM »
Happy morning, people.
Trite to say it, but this is must win. We must be at the top table next year, and the easiest route is to win today and one or more likely if we are to be certain, two of the remaining games. It is all a bit nuts, really, this league. That is why we love it.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 09:23:27 AM »
Just about to go on a diesel hunt. Went to fill up last night, but all filling stations were either empty or petrol only.

If not it looks like we have had our last game at the Ricoh CBS this season, as we can't get to the Friday night fixture.

But let's be hopeful:
a) that we can get there
b) we have a win - a good one will be excellent, but any win is a win.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2022, 09:30:55 AM »
Morning all,
Bit dull and cool in Coventry right now but good conditions to play expansive rugby.
Worcester will not roll over but I expect us to have too much depth for them today.
Can’t wait to see the Willis's and Alfie take them on.
Look forward to seeing those who travel to the CBS today.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2022, 11:04:08 AM »
Morning all. Looking forward to this one back at the CBS. I think we have too much for Wuss but we’ve got to go and do it.