Always a Wasp

Author Topic: SISU continuing  (Read 3077 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
SISU continuing
« on: November 27, 2018, 10:23:35 AM »
Apparently. Time to give them notice.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SISU continuing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:14:51 AM »
Or sue SISU, the only winners are the legal system.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
I guess with Derek's background he's fairly well insured against failure to pay costs, and ongoing action.  But even so it is hard to see an end to this.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
What I'd give to remove SISU from the equation and allow Wasps the opportunity to succeed with the venture to take over the Ricoh...

Has anyone else read the RugbyInsider article published on Rugby Pass?  It doesn't seem like any of it is particularly insider information and all very fishy given that it is the only article from the publisher given the timing of SISUs decision to potentially bury their football club.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »
Read it yesterday and to me it seems a collation of previously voiced tweets, articles and podcasts. Nothing new but at some time Wasps are going to have to refute some or all of these because the rumours just grow that something is amiss.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
Just noticed that SBT has picked it up and it confirms to them we are on our way out soon.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
It's a bit of a worry as it is hard to see what can be done differently. Personally one area I think would be to manage catering internally rather than contracting out.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 09:49:53 AM »
I am very surprised that no one seems to have picked up on to the woeful waste of time by SISU. They had 28 days to get their request for an appeal into the Supreme Court. Selfishly, they put it in on the very last day left to them. As they are on borrowed time anyway, it seems such a waste to squander some of it on what, they presumably see, as some kind of gesture.

The news of their decision must have been a punch to the stomachs of the CCFC players and their families. Coincidentally, the Sky Blues were playing Fleetwood Town away that evening - they lost 3-0.

SISU have, IMO, a very weak hand and they are even playing that badly. I hope that the Supreme Court sees the flaws in their case (every other judge has) and throws their request out. Unfortunately, it may well be too late for CCFC. Could their waste of 28 days come back to haunt them?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 12:30:54 PM »
I doubt that it was an accident.  I suspect they are hoping to create disillusionment and bad feeling within Wasps by making people think they weren't going to contest it, and then doing so at the last moment.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 12:34:32 PM »

I do look forward to the day when we never hear or see the name SISU again.

Imagine, no SISU, minimal injuries, positive outlook by people on RugbyNetwork, no complaints about referees, a white Christmas, the last Rolo.

Unfortunately, I think we've got more chance of seeing Dai smiling this weekend

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 12:42:32 PM »
I doubt that it was an accident.  I suspect they are hoping to create disillusionment and bad feeling within Wasps by making people think they weren't going to contest it, and then doing so at the last moment.

I never believed it was an accident. However, I think it will have created more alarm and despondency amongst CCFC players and staff than us. Treat your employees with complete contempt. Good man management SISU.

I doubt if Derek is losing much sleep over it. He's a successful business man. He may well be enjoying it!
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
I've said it before, but based on how he earned his money I suspect he is insured up to the eyeballs against any potential financial loss that might come of it.

PE8Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »
I can't see the 3 judges reviewing this case, overturning the result, it would make their peers look very foolish, the only thing left for SISU would be Civil Court, i think the way to go is offer City a 1 year deal on market rates,if they don't accept then out they go

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
No I don't think we offer them anything. We made the position clear last year and reinforced it last week so they knew what they were doing. As I understand by February they have to tell the EFL where they will be playing. It will come to a head soon enough.  If, as I understand it, we have had £500k cost with no payment from them then that has to be their starting point.  Minimum £1m per annum just for pitch access on game days.  Stuff the local PR they feel they have us on the run so we need to stay firm. Sorry for the local fans, not SBT rabble, but their owners did this.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:33:40 PM by Neils »