Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 914 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: May 01, 2022, 04:53:21 AM »
Morning All

Slight cheat as in far warmer climes (currently 21 degrees at 8am ).

A must win match if we are to make the top 8 at least. Scores going against us this weekend. Team looks strong on paper.

Will have to follow this via BB. Local bar owner wouldn't budge from West Ham v Arsenal. 

Safe travels to all going and shout loud.

COYW
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:12:36 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 07:08:10 AM »
Morning Neils and all Waspies from a pleasantly quiet Guildford. After an enjoyable Indian curry and relatively early night i am up with the lark and raring for todays game. Meeting up with family this morning at a lovely cafe situated overlooking the Surrey hills, followed by a stroll with the hound, and then settling in for our clash v Irish.

Every game feels like a cup game now. Top 6 is still a possibility, and we need the confidence only winning brings if we are going to push for the challenge cup. London  Irish have impressed me this season, they themselves are playing a very good brand of rugby and are a potential top 6 team themselves. If we want to win today we cannot have any 20 minute periods like we did after half time last week or as we did against Biarritz.

Really looking forward to this!

Come on you Wasps!  :D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Rugby by Birth, Wasps by the grace of God.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 07:30:49 AM »
Morning Neils and Wombles.

Up early, fed the cats. Glad I put the garden stuff away last night, a cold and drizzly morning looks on the cards here in South Warwickshire. Greasy balls type of day. I was going to go for a ride on my new motorbike, but that isn't happening now.

Need a full 5 pointer, and a winning margin of more than 15 points, to take 6th place.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 07:47:31 AM »
Good morning to everyone, esp. the early risers above.  Raining, misty and generally soggy in this bit of Herefordshire  but hopefully drier later  -  particularly in the Smoke.  It's going to be a close-run thing today;  we have the team that casn do it (thank goodness to see T. Willis back where he should be)  and a great bench but Irish are on a roll ......  hey ........  so are we!  Good luck Wasps  -  no penalties, no injuries, no cards.  Safe journeys wherever you are and Allez Allez Allez  at 2.00 o/clock.   C O Y W ..................

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 08:00:38 AM »
Morning all. A bit gray in Hastings. Today we take on the Brentford Irish. A very important game this afternoon. Last time I looked, the bookies have it too close to call. We need to keep all 15 on the pitch all match
so I'll be pissed if Mala or anyone else of our boys make CMK go for his pocket today. Great back row but we'll have to watch out for Tuisue when he comes off the bench. Game will be close but the aggregate score will be high. Let our final points be higher than theirs.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 08:12:06 AM »
Morning all.

S. Bucks is a bit grey this morning. Maybe a slight damping on the ground overnight. Brentford might catch a very light shower pre match. The pivotal match of our season so far at the BCS today.

Win and we continue our momentum. Lose and the rest of the season could a bit of an anticlimax.

Safe travels to all going. No doubt many of us will be shouting at the TV cursing CMK ;D

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 08:26:01 AM »
Morning all.
Am in a grey and slightly damp Wales for this. I have been unable to plan to go to much, as I am effectively living the life of a single parent with my wife away for much of the last month tending for her mum, who finally passed after a long battle vs cancer on Thursday. The rugby is a welcome distraction, from real life, where I am currently preparing for a school inspection postponed from March. It is exactly the sort of game I would have fancied attending, having not seem their stadium. I think it will be a high score affair, and should be easy on the eye.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 08:40:20 AM »
...................  forgot to say " ... and welcome back young Young."

Jac A

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 09:07:11 AM »
Morning all,

The dog has been walked in mild and cloudy conditions here in SE London, expecting a little rain but hoping it's dry this afternoon.

Heading to the BCS with the family so six of us will be there later. I really have no idea how the game will go or what will happen for the rest of the season so I'm going to limit my hopes to a good game and a Wasps win so we at least give ourselves a chance.

Irish have had some good wins and some big loses recently, I'm hoping that without Coleman we may be able to get the better of the set piece and breakdown but their backs will undoubtedly score tries and as anyone who saw his in the U20s and more recent games knows, Arundel will be a big threat when he comes on, but then we can bring on Will, Jacob and Paolo which is a decent set of replacement backs too. Fingers crossed. COYW. 

MarleyWasp

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 09:10:30 AM »
Morning All. I was hoping to go today but have an unwell dog on my hands needing someone with him constantly. Therefore if anyone wants a last minute ticket or parking spot 5 minutes from the ground please send me a PM.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 09:14:01 AM »
Good morning all, really nervous about this one as it’s so important.

For me on paper we are the better team but I still feel we are still not jelling, whereas Irish can score trys for fun.

We are definitely more consistent in our selection and it’s been a few weeks now, so who knows how we will play. On our day it’s a win for us

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 09:15:57 AM »
Morning all from a dullish Essex, looking forward to today’s game ,if only to see a couple of faces at the game haven’t seen for ages. Just hoping we can pull off a win like last time-just maybe not so much heart pounding disbelief this time!

Ps Neils, West Ham doesn’t start till 4:30 so you might be ok for first half at least (was checking re changing trains at Stratford )- unless there are spurs fans there too for earlier game.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 09:31:03 AM »
Morning all from a dull and damp S Glos. Rather nervous for this one - it's an important match and a win is needed if we're to have targets for the rest of our games. Need to perform now the injury list has cleared and players have games under their belt.

A big test of team and coaches

Safe travels for those going

COYW!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 10:46:39 AM »
Morning all,

Really looking forward to today's must win game but reckon most of the game will be viewed from behind the sofa.
Two evenly matched teams with two strong benches. 
If our front row and line out jumpers can get parity I think our back row and Jimmy's kicking boots will be the difference.
It looks like the bookies can't separate us.

COYW. 

hopwood

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 01:14:38 PM »
Morning all.
Yup…rather chilly and damp today here in the North Cotswolds.

Looking forward to the game.
But have absolutely no idea which way it’s going.

I still don’t know what our potential is.
And I still can’t work out how decent Irish are.

Today will reveal quite a lot.