Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 30 seconds in...  (Read 7838 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 seconds in...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Based entirely on that 40 minutes, if anyone tells me that we should have kept Fiver instead of Lima I think I will kill them.

Cue Boooo
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
"I think it's a lottery" says Lol.

Who am I to disagree with him?

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »
Based entirely on that 40 minutes, if anyone tells me that we should have kept Fiver instead of Lima I think I will kill them.

Seriously?

How about based on the entirety of their wasp careers?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »

Seriously?

How about based on the entirety of their wasp careers?

Sure thing. Fiver messed up loads in his first season back. Charged down kicks, missed touch, ridiculous passes, kicking the ball into the back of his own players.

And his defence was never as good as Lima's has been so far.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 04:50:09 PM »
Fair enough each to their own. Needless to say that I don't agree so assume you'll be round to kill me at some point.

WaspieMatt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »
Our structures went to pot for about 20 mins in the second half and unfortunately Sarries were all over us as a result.
There are positives to take from this though and we’ve still got plenty of players to come back.
You’ve got to wonder when we’re going to get any luck whatsoever with injuries- Nathan going off is another huge blow and I doubt we’ll be seeing him next week. It’s particularly galling as he was our standout player today.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 04:52:49 PM »
Fair enough each to their own. Needless to say that I don't agree so assume you'll be round to kill me at some point.

I'm afraid so.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
As expected I didn't get to watch the second half, the score and subs don't make very pleasant reading, any injuries? Or were they just due to tiredness?

WaspieMatt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 05:01:20 PM »
Nathan injured.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 05:04:31 PM »
Brad limped off.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »

The final score was much as expected, although it was late in the game when Saracens put the points on the board.... i.e. when the respective benches were required.

I'm actually quite happy with how that went for 60 minutes.

I know we need a full 80 performance at some point, but that won't happen over night.
Our defence has looked to have a plan behind it in the last 2 games.
Today, we actually showed some line speed, commitment and desire in defence

It'll be doom and gloom when DW is back online, but until then, I'll happily feel like things aren't quite as bad as they could be.

Our fall from grace isn't as bad as Newcastle or Leicester's.
Just need to keep an eye on Quins and Gloucester

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
Actually, despite the score, that was a good game for Wasps. We coughed up the ball under pressure, true. But we still played as a team. Our bench was even weaker than last week against Bristol, which shows our lack of depth. But we did defend well. We scrummed well. We attacked the breakdown. we were willing to pass and give it a go. Proud of those guys today.

A hard ask to go to Sarries, and we did better than many could have hoped for.

Looks like we may have lost Brad and Nathan for at least a game, adding further to the injury woes. Our front rows ALL played well, new and young or not. Brookes was excellent. JP hasn't got a clue when it comes to scrums, but nothing new there.

Booj and Rosco both had good games (mostly defensively). Campo needs some more time to bed in, understandable. Lima looked dead on his feet. How long has he been playing almost week after week?

A lot of positives to take from that game. Two Euro games next, and I can't see how Dai can think they will go well, but we are as much as out anyway, so he will rest the Internationals in that fortnight, ready to take on Bath. THAT will be the test. Who will be back from injury? Anybody?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 05:39:41 PM »
Despite the result I thought there were a few positives. We were starting to dominate them in the pack until the subs came on for both sides and then the quality of their bench made the difference.

Rossco looks like a handful and its noticeable the defence stand off him for a split second. I'd love to see him in his favoured position of 13.

There weren't any major injuries. I think Hughes landed on the hard pitch with the ball directly under his sternum in a tackle and lets not forget he's had very little game time recently so lasted very well. I sometimes wish he'd look to offload rather then try and bump someone off. Although it looks impressive it gives the defence time to re-organise.

Michelle looked eager but misread what Daly was going to do when there was a slight opportunity for an overlap but being fair to him he doesn't know anyone but one on one he ran hard and straight. I think he will become a good asset

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 05:42:51 PM »
I thought Campo looked rusty and seemed to be trying too hard to lay down a marker. Maitland made a lot of easy yards down his wing. I assume Josh either had a knock or badly needed a rest, otherwise starting Campo was (with hindsight) a poor selectorial decision.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
I guess I need to watch the second half now but I don't really want to.  It seems to me that the wheels fell off when we started bringing on our subs.