Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up for Embra - Alfie's Back.  (Read 2026 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up for Embra - Alfie's Back.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2022, 01:37:06 PM »
Maybe Odogwu coming on at 13 last week coinciding with us imploding led to Spinks better defensive game being preferred.

Surprised to see West straight back in and don’t think Willis did a lot wrong last week but happy for T Willis and Barbeary to share the load as they both need looking after.

Surprised also to not see JT-A back in but maybe M-M is being given the gametime with Jeff off.

The boys on the bench have a lot to prove this week!

hopwood

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2022, 02:35:24 PM »
I'm not up to speed on Edinburgh this year.
Are we favourites?
Or are we the underdogs?

Or is it fairly even-steven and another 42-42?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2022, 02:51:56 PM »
I'm not up to speed on Edinburgh this year.
Are we favourites?
Or are we the underdogs?

Or is it fairly even-steven and another 42-42?

Underdogs.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2022, 03:05:21 PM »
The only selection that I am not sure about is Sam over Paolo. Other than that, I quite fancied Fifita on the bench. 6-2 split possibly gives us more umph later in the game and less confusion in the backs!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2022, 03:16:58 PM »
Good to see no problems for Tom West after last week’s HIA failure. 

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2022, 03:28:52 PM »
... don't understand Spink over Paolo at 13, thought outside centre is where Paolo wanted to play.
I really like Paulo and think he can make an impression at 13 going forward. However he was terrible when he came on last week and I was surprised he even made the bench.

In Mala's absence he at least has a chance to show he can make a difference as a sub this week.

Jac A

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2022, 04:57:34 PM »
Very happy with the team. Like Mellie, I think Paolo is lucky to be on the bench. Spink's a great defender - in fact it looks like a real strong back line defensively - and I'm happy for him to get some more game time.

The Edinburgh team is basically their B team - missing probably 14 players who would be first choice 23. I knew they had injury issues with the likes of Ritchie, Toolis, McInally, de Bruin, Mata, Moyano and Immelman out, but no Hamish Watson, no Darcy Graham, no James Lang, third choice hooker starting and Schoeman only on the bench is worse than I though for them. Their backline still looks dangerous but it's a second string pack they have out so we should be able to get on top of that, especially if we play with the intensity of the first 60 mins from last weekend.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2022, 05:01:29 PM »
Still some quality - Boffelli for example

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 05:10:48 PM »
Given the improvement in the injury list, match selection is becoming more predictable these days - so no surprises here based on recent performances.

Not seen Edinburgh play this season but I’m assuming they’ll find something extra because a) they’re playing a Premiership side and b) they’ve got home advantage.

Hopefully we’ll play as we did for the first 60 mins last week, which was sensational but manage the game better in the next 20+.

We can do this 🐝💥

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 07:29:12 PM »
Don't know if this has already been posted but tomorrow's officials are:

Ref: Pierre Brousset (France) Assis Ref 1: Ludovic Cayre (France) Assis Ref 2: Luc Ramos (France) TMO: Eric Gauzins (France)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hopwood

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 07:46:29 PM »
Very happy with the team. Like Mellie, I think Paolo is lucky to be on the bench. Spink's a great defender - in fact it looks like a real strong back line defensively - and I'm happy for him to get some more game time.

The Edinburgh team is basically their B team - missing probably 14 players who would be first choice 23. I knew they had injury issues with the likes of Ritchie, Toolis, McInally, de Bruin, Mata, Moyano and Immelman out, but no Hamish Watson, no Darcy Graham, no James Lang, third choice hooker starting and Schoeman only on the bench is worse than I though for them. Their backline still looks dangerous but it's a second string pack they have out so we should be able to get on top of that, especially if we play with the intensity of the first 60 mins from last weekend.

Thanks for this.
Very useful.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2022, 09:42:29 PM »

Thanks for this.
Very useful.
+1

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 07:59:29 AM »

Thanks for this.
Very useful.
+1

+2

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 08:15:45 AM »

Thanks for this.
Very useful.
+1

+2

Thanks Jac A that is very useful, we should have a pretty good chance then