Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Fiver off to the USA  (Read 1623 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Fiver off to the USA
« on: May 06, 2022, 06:22:18 PM »
Cipriani to bid farewell to English rugby after Bath exit confirmed https://mol.im/a/10789239 via https://dailym.ai/android
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fiver off to the USA
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 06:43:48 PM »
$6.18 ?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 06:48:21 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 07:11:01 PM »
Sorry, but I won't be weeping.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 07:12:13 PM »
Can’t blame him. Actively looked to avoid contact last week and top level rugby now looks a bit beyond him.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 08:54:34 PM »
Can’t blame him. Actively looked to avoid contact last week and top level rugby now looks a bit beyond him.

Players moving clubs are often subject to a 'medically fit' clause.

Thus, avoiding contact, and therefore hopefully injury, is what he has to do.

Which is why clubs don't like to field players leaving, as they don't commit.

Not always, but it can happen.

hopwood

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 09:56:13 PM »

It’s a very good point. And quite a tricky one as well, especially if it’s your final contract at the end of your career.
Mind you, he wasn’t the only Bath player that looked porous last week.
The whole club looks rotten to the core at the moment. It’s going to take a titanic effort to about steer.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 10:05:26 PM »

It’s a very good point. And quite a tricky one as well, especially if it’s your final contract at the end of your career.
Mind you, he wasn’t the only Bath player that looked porous last week.
The whole club looks rotten to the core at the moment. It’s going to take a titanic effort to about steer.

It can, and will, be done. Tom Dunn looked absolutely gutted at the end of the match. You have to feel for the ones who gave their all (it wasn't the whole team that didn't). It is a reminder of how much in a better place Wasps are right now.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »
Didn’t he get a criminal conviction after his altercation with that police officer? That rules Japan out, I’d be surprised if it didn’t cause an issue with a US work permit.

This story may not be done yet.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 05:04:23 PM »
Didn’t he get a criminal conviction after his altercation with that police officer? That rules Japan out, I’d be surprised if it didn’t cause an issue with a US work permit.

This story may not be done yet.

From recollection, the US system, like those of Australia and NZ, looks at the sentence length (of actual and suspended jail time) of all convictions added together. But, it does mean it has to go up the chain for a more senior evaluation (and more likely refusal). Japan is more simple. Got a conviction? Then even if it was for one suspended day in jail, you can't get a visa.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 03:34:43 AM »
I hope he gets to go where he wants to.

Whatever anyone thinks of him he deserves a final pay day after being messed around with England. He turned down big money from France to stay playing in England pushing for more international opportunities that didn’t come under Eddie.
A change of scenery could be great for his family too as judging from Instagram stories this year, they’ve had a tough time of it.

One of my favourite all time players and wasps, I wish him and his family all the best

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2022, 03:52:16 AM »

Whatever anyone thinks of him he deserves a final pay day after being messed around with England. He turned down big money from France to stay playing in England pushing for more international opportunities that didn’t come under Eddie.
A change of scenery could be great for his family too as judging from Instagram stories this year, they’ve had a tough time of it.

One of my favourite all time players and wasps, I wish him and his family all the best

+1

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2022, 09:31:03 AM »

And the pissing about by England was after arguably saving Jones' job on the SA tour in 2018.....

hopwood

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2022, 10:05:39 AM »

+1

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2022, 11:12:09 AM »
Rugby paper linking him to Dallas Jackals , where Brian Ashton is working.