Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The view from France on Relegation  (Read 912 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: The view from France on Relegation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 08:37:45 AM »
I think the fact that they have seriously more wedge to attract top players, rather than the threat of relegation, is a more telling factor!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 09:12:34 AM »
I think the fact that they have seriously more wedge to attract top players, rather than the threat of relegation, is a more telling factor!

The figure for France quoted was £8.5M and ours £5M. If those figures are correct then the difference isn't as marked as most think. We add a Marquee (in Bristol's case at least £1M) plus International and Academy payments then the difference shrinks considerable. Do the French play by the rules - have they ever! Personally I think the increasing difference is French teams are now mostly French - See Tibo going back as an example.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »

The figure for France quoted was £8.5M and ours £5M. If those figures are correct then the difference isn't as marked as most think. We add a Marquee (in Bristol's case at least £1M) plus International and Academy payments then the difference shrinks considerable. Do the French play by the rules - have they ever! Personally I think the increasing difference is French teams are now mostly French - See Tibo going back as an example.

But doesn't the French number include all staff, not just players?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 05:34:53 PM »
Removing relegation hasn't stopped the dross served up at the bottom of the Prem this year, or 60% of Super Rugby Pacific matches