Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 819 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: May 14, 2022, 05:59:57 AM »
Morning All.

Lovely sunny still morning here ahead of a big day for the team.

Can't be confident for this one but it is a winner takes all cup match. Our team is as strong as we can make it and I am sure the lads are all fired up especially the leavers.

Safe travels to all who are making the trip. We made Edinburgh but covid struck to kill off any chance of this one. Hopefully back in circulation for Friday night. Will scream at the telly box.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 06:04:52 AM »
Morning Niels, morning all,

Nice morning here and I'm just about to set off for my morning walk.

Every game is a cup game and I note we have another 6 day turn around after this game, quite a dramatic end to a difficult season.

Have a good day everyone.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 06:53:13 AM »
Morning all. Biggest game of the season (so far). Let's hope mistakes and penalties are kept to the minimum. Cards stay in Murphy's pocket at least for us. He can send the entire Lyons team to the bin for all I care. I want a win. No mercy. We can do this.
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 07:15:12 AM »
Morning tout le monde from a sunny S Glos. Nervous about this one, we have the tools and talent and we just need to put this game outside the influence of the officials.

Have a great weekend, all who are going and safe sofa sitting to the rest of us

Out for a dog walk now with my hound who had vet dental treatment this week and is looking a little gummy...In awe at her ability to recover from a general and "black and decker" treatment into what is quite a narrow jaw bone in a Lurcher.

Coffee brewing. (OT - Very pleased with current purchase from a Welsh roaster....I searched through many, many suppliers to find those who provided value for their products....recommendations - feel free to message!)

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 07:30:25 AM »
Morning all, slightly gutted not to be going to this one as I was hoping to get a euro trip in this season but will target one next season now.

Think this will be a close one but Glasgow almost showed it’s possible to win there so have some confidence we can do it.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 08:17:21 AM »
Morning all. Lovely and summery outside. Hay fever hit with a vengeance. Dad had a nasty turn this week and had a pacemaker fitted yesterday, so I will be at his house with my brothers to watch.

Pompeyman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 08:34:13 AM »
Morning All, coffee on a beautiful sunny day in West Sussex, great way to start a day. sadly no visit to France for us so will be cheering from the sofa. Think the squad looks sound, if we can keep our discipline and get our back line moving we will give it a right go. Safe travels to those going ( although I suspect most area already there !!) Enjoy. COYW

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 09:05:16 AM »
Morning Neils, Bloke in North Dorset, Ross, Mike, Andermt, NWW, Pompeyman and all Waspies from a sunny Guildford. I am up a little later than usual due to being out with one of my best friends enjoying some local ale at a lovely pub in Effingham last night. However coffee is on the go, the hound is carrying his collar around in anticipation of our morning walk, and we have a huge game of rugby to look forward to.

In my mind this is going to be our toughest game this season to date, and probably the most difficult since the prem final against Exeter, and even then I would postulate this will be harder as it will be in a stadium packed with supporters. So much rests of this game as it’s a chance to get to a final and try to win some silverware. I have mentioned before but it is worth remembering what winning the Parker Pen did to Dallaglios generation. Can we do the same? Could it be a spring board to great things. I have no idea who will win this, Lyon must be favourites, and we have our own performance demons to battle. But this is a cup game, and form means less on these moments.

Come on you Wasps!   ;D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 09:17:16 AM »
Morning all.

Sorry to hear of covid stopping an away fixture jaunt. There has been a lot of that this year for many. It is a factor in our attendance I am sure, especially as Wasps have a diaspora of fans, far more than most clubs.
I am determined to do more rugby trips next year, whilst  my dad is still in good health and able to drive. You never miss these things till they are gone. I have lots of pictures of daughter, dad and grandfather at Wasps over the years, but these past couple of years are pretty blank.
I have a good feeling on this today.
Not sure where Odogwu is in terms of training performance or why he is not making the team.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2022, 09:19:17 AM »
Morning all from a sunny Essex . No predictions on today ,just hope they don’t let themselves down and put in a good performance. Unfortunately,going to the geegees today so won’t be able to watch live , so will record, and keep away from news. Mate will also be doing same as a Chelsea fan.

Mike909, it is pretty amazing how animals bounce back. Though to be fair, friend had a general yesterday morning for root canal work . Warned not to drink ,after a couple in afternoon looked pretty wasted but 3rd revived him!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 09:24:26 AM »
Bonjour all from our part of NW France.

A nice sunny and warmish morning here. Just looked at the forecast for Lyon and it will be dry, broken cloud and a temp of 24/25 deg. Looks like the water carriers will be busy.

Yes, we will be underdogs but if we can cut out the brainfarts, we could sneak this one.

Hoping that the BT Sport app will work out here!

#COYW

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 09:33:04 AM »

Mike909, it is pretty amazing how animals bounce back. Though to be fair, friend had a general yesterday morning for root canal work . Warned not to drink ,after a couple in afternoon looked pretty wasted but 3rd revived him!
My doggie had a general and lots of bone cut away to access massive lower canine that had got broken, in half, when she was head butted by a playing dog...Worse, she was minding her own business and got bundled! Spaced out that afternoon - but wanting food like normal later on and today - bouncing around like nothing happened!

I'm probably more impressed as I'm getting to feel rather old these days!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »

My doggie had a general and lots of bone cut away to access massive lower canine that had got broken, in half, when she was head butted by a playing dog...Worse, she was minding her own business and got bundled! Spaced out that afternoon - but wanting food like normal later on and today - bouncing around like nothing happened!

I'm probably more impressed as I'm getting to feel rather old these days!

Sounds like Alfie Barbeary after the hairbrush incident!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 10:07:12 AM »
 Good morning to everyone.  It's a beautiful day in Herefordshire, and the sun is shining on the mountain and several bluebell  fields halfway up said mountain.  Mr. W is drinking coffee in the garden but if I go out there I'll be sneezing my head off in 5 minutes.  Our team is good and will be Up For It but will be battling not just the Lyon team but also the combined might of the united French Officials  -  who we've seen in action before,  and the Official-In-Charge  of Losing Vital Bits of film and video.  Just avoid penalties, and don't let Them rile you.  Stay safe, and enjoy it.  Safe journeys to everyone.  ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ. ....  you can do this boys .........................  I will now retire behind the settee.  C O Y W.