Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 4141 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2022, 02:32:30 PM »
Strong effort, good experience for the team and individuals playing a semi final in hostile ground, will stand in good stead for the future.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2022, 02:32:35 PM »
Not to be.

Too many handling errors killed us.  Not sure Fekitoa will be missed much next year or Jimmy for that matter.  Our centres were out played. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2022, 02:34:49 PM »
Those advocating Fekitoa over Spink from last week need to consider their views. That includes the coaches. Sam was immense and half that today would have eclipsed Fekitoa. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2022, 02:35:20 PM »
Thought that was a terrific performance. Very gutsy. We just had a ten minute spell in the hour when we made several stupid mistakes. Our restarts are terrible and they were more clinical in our 22. Their bench slightly stronger than ours. But we’ve taken a top French side all the way away from home in huge heat. Lots more pluses the minuses out of that.

Have to agree. Would have to have fancied us if it had been played on real grass.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »
So close!

But if your scrum half is firing out rocket passes to guys who are only two yards away chances are that they will knock it on. Then it doesn’t matter if we had the best plans or not because that’s our momentum stopped stone dead.
Good point.

loverugby1979

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2022, 02:36:40 PM »
I don't know why Fekitoa finished the match. He deserve almost a yellow for his defense, and in attack ....buff without words.

We don't deserve to progress. Good match by Jack Willis.

Well done Lyon.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2022, 02:38:57 PM »
Sadly if Jimmy (the new Cheetah) had got his first kick it would have been level.

But their guy missed a couple.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2022, 02:51:16 PM »
Like I said earlier can’t knock the effort but I do worry about our attack. Today wasn’t the first time we’ve spent long periods in the other teams 22 and come away with nothing and I’m tight games it’s making the difference.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2022, 02:52:46 PM »
only watched 20 minutes of the game but it looked like and sounded like our pack is physically good until we have to change the probs, also we're not getting much from our backs. Interesting to see what our centre partnership will be like next season, it has to be better then this season.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »
only watched 20 minutes of the game but it looked like and sounded like our pack is physically good until we have to change the probs, also we're not getting much from our backs. Interesting to see what our centre partnership will be like next season, it has to be better then this season.

Bench props are a definitely step down which wasn't helped with Ben Harris pulling out late and Hislop taking his place. As for our current first choice centres, I've made my feelings clear in another thread. Gopps is not the player he was and is now a bit of a bottleneck. Won't miss him or Mala next season, though  I wonder if Mala's game has been hampered by poor slow ball from Gopps.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2022, 02:57:23 PM »
Millar-Mills did ok and Hislop wasn’t on long. We didn’t lose too much physicality. It was our precision that cost us.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2022, 03:01:24 PM »
Millar-Mills did ok and Hislop wasn’t on long. We didn’t lose too much physicality. It was our precision that cost us.

I agree plus people forget much of Hislops time with us this season he played with substantial injuries AND stayed on. We had bugger all else. A fit Hislop should be a bonus

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2022, 03:11:22 PM »

I agree plus people forget much of Hislops time with us this season he played with substantial injuries AND stayed on. We had bugger all else. A fit Hislop should be a bonus

And they're both 3rd / 4th choice.

Harris, Martinez and JTA would typically be ahead of them.