Always a Wasp

Author Topic: JP Doyle Really Needs to Learn How to Ref the Scrum  (Read 2102 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
JP Doyle Really Needs to Learn How to Ref the Scrum
« on: December 02, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
Kieran had Lamositele well beaten in the set scrums yesterday, yet JPD kept penalising him. The commentators were puzzled and so was I. After one reset, when JPD was lecturing two confused international props what they were doing wrong, I noticed Nemo having a chat and laughing with Vincent Koch. I wonder what the Afrikaans is for 'this guy hasn't a clue'?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: JP Doyle Really Needs to Learn How to Ref the Scrum
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 11:06:54 AM »
Kieran had Lamositele well beaten in the set scrums yesterday, yet JPD kept penalising him. The commentators were puzzled and so was I. After one reset, when JPD was lecturing two confused international props what they were doing wrong, I noticed Nemo having a chat and laughing with Vincent Koch. I wonder what the Afrikaans is for 'this guy hasn't a clue'?

A leopard does not change his spots. It has always been JP's weak point. He understands nothing of the scrum, lineout and very little of what goes on in the maul. He sees only what is on the outside. Like many other 'first class' referees, he is not fit for purpose, and believes himself excellent at his job. Barnes is no better, nor CMK.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »
George keeps popping out of the scrum, but he is a top quality international and Sarries are clearly better than wasps, so it can't be his fault.

If it isn't his fault then it must be something Wasps are doing.

There was nothing obvious to see therefore Brookes must be hiding what he is doing.

He wouldn't hide it if it wasn't illegal.

Penalty to Sarries.

QED.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
Hookers tend to pop up because they are under pressure from one of the props coming in on an angle.. which is where JP came to the conclusion that Brookes must have been pushing in at an angle.. of course it could be that Sarries 2nd row had crabbed to the left whilst pushing which will cause the same problem.

Years go if the a front row felt under pressure they'd take it down but by popping up they don't give the opposition front row anything to push again and the ref then has to guess.. which JP did... time after time.

JP was ignoring the fact that the Wasps front row were parallel to the touch line going forward on most occasions, it was the Sarries pack who were crabbing left or right to try and absorb the pressure.

I doubt it would have affected the end result as the Sarries backs had more nouse but its hard to win a game if your pack is under pressure at the set piece

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
Not there in person but live viewer on BT Sport. It seemed to me that Saracens were playing the ref, they were constantly badgering for decisions and got most of them. Also Kieran eye-balling the ref. seemed to make JPD even more determined to be blinkered as to what was really going on? George was popping up like a meerkat, however the obvious issue was being overlooked - staggering.
It was fine when I left it.....