Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1586 times)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2022, 11:37:34 AM »
Morning all,
Fine drizzle at the moment but it will clear up by mid/late afternoon.
Sale have selected a very strong squad so really surprised the bookie’s had/have us as slight favourites.
I think Faf will bombard Crossdale which might explain Houggard’s selection.
We need to attack their line out and hope that Tom West can last the game.
I’m nervous but really looking forward to it. Safe travels.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 12:45:21 PM »
Afternoon all from a rainy Essex. Really too tough to call with both sides all to play for, so match could be very good or a dirge. Bookies still have us as slight favourites, but just think this reflects wasps fans eternal optimism and spending power!

Having said that let’s hope the boys put on one last good show at home to send those that are leaving away with  a great memory of their time with us

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 12:56:57 PM »
Pitch should be dry for the game, with the wind coming out from over the West stand. Ideal conditions for our game.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2022, 01:40:05 PM »
Afternoon all, i'll think we will win tonight as we have become tough to beat recently and the home crowd could well be the difference.

After all, the Brain Farts must end sometime!

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 01:52:51 PM »
Like several above, the late kick offs are a problem when you have a long drive home afterwards. Currently grey here in mid Wales.

Also, hopeful but not comfortable - I think our brain farts will likely determine the result, whatever the bookies think (they have us as slight favourites). Cut out the silly errors and we may do it - particularly if Jonno gets an early card. Hope that the officials are on top of their game tonight - particularly the TMO who in my opinion has just agreed with the ref regardless, when I've watched games with her as TMO. Both teams need a 5 pointer to have a realistic chance of Championship qualification, so expect an attacking game from both teams.

Notwithstanding the late finish, on our way in a couple of hours - safe travels to others going.

COYW

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »
Getting excited as we get closer to kick off.
Can’t wait to give the guys a big cheer tonight.

Feels like it’s going to be close but hope the game isn’t decided by a card.

I guess we’ll get penalty opportunities so Jimmy’s kicking accuracy may prove decisive.

Given our recent form and winning run, I am hoping we can find a way to win.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2022, 05:46:09 PM »
Evening all.
Lovely evening here.
Will be recording the match, my wife and daughter are coming out for dinner and movie, providing some much needed normality after her mum's funeral yesterday.
Rugby for me will thus be a very late night affair. I will let you know what I think of our performance tomorrow. I am very hopeful of a W.
Enjoy all, especially those travelling.