Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Stooke Tweet  (Read 2618 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Stooke Tweet
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 12:24:07 PM »
Good news - clean break.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 12:26:45 PM »
Thank God for that. There were rumours of a fracture/dislocation. Wishing you a quick and trouble free recovery, Elliot.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 12:59:11 PM »
Good news - clean break.

Could even be ready for the next season start. Certainly he could be back on his legs and walking by the end of June.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 01:19:03 PM »
This is definitely good news.

I broke my fibula 5 years ago having rolled my ankle awkwardly to the point where I could hear a crack and feel searing pain. As I was on medication at the time that was causing me to sprain my ankle regularly and the typical sprained ankle bruise appeared quickly I didn't go to hospital and was able to go out, walk the dog, drive etc. without a problem after a few days. I did however struggle on a holiday in Dubrovnik three and a half weeks later so decided to get it checked when I got back. I eventually had an x-ray 7 weeks post injury which revealed a clean break that was 70% healed by that point. I'd walked to the fracture clinic from work without a limp or pain, much to the disbelief of the Consultant I saw. It took a while to build up strength in my ligaments, but they weren't in the best condition before the broken fibula.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 01:24:55 PM »
I'm so sorry that he was hurt but so pleased that all is now going well.  I was lucky enough enough to win his shirt (never paid more for anything else, except our house) at the Awards Evening, and even luckier to realise he was at the table next to ours.  Result: Signed shirt and a (for me) treasured chat for several minutes.  Thanks for an amazing first year,  with many more to come.  And here's to a speedy, trouble free and perfect recovery.     

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 01:57:40 PM »
I'm so sorry that he was hurt but so pleased that all is now going well.  I was lucky enough enough to win his shirt (never paid more for anything else, except our house) at the Awards Evening, and even luckier to realise he was at the table next to ours.  Result: Signed shirt and a (for me) treasured chat for several minutes.  Thanks for an amazing first year,  with many more to come.  And here's to a speedy, trouble free and perfect recovery.     

Great story.
I’m pleased that Elliot’s injury might not be as bad as first feared. Speedy recovery big fellah.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 02:00:56 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
That is good news, if you have to have an injury then end of season with potential of being back before the following season, I’ll take that.

I’ve been really impressed with Stooke look forward to seeing him next season

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 03:04:24 PM »
quite fortunate in scheme of scheme of things.

Wife fractured hers on the knobbly bit  on 1st April, (tripped over the cat) . Like Marley left it for about 10 days before getting checked out as still very swollen.Again staff amazed that she had been able to hobble around for that long.As it was already healing left it alone. 7 weeks in nearly back to normal .

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 03:34:14 PM »

Wife fractured hers on the knobbly bit  on 1st April, (tripped over the cat) . Like Marley left it for about 10 days before getting checked out as still very swollen. Again staff amazed that she had been able to hobble around for that long. As it was already healing left it alone. 7 weeks in nearly back to normal .

How about the cat..............?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 03:50:33 PM »

Wife fractured hers on the knobbly bit  on 1st April, (tripped over the cat) . Like Marley left it for about 10 days before getting checked out as still very swollen. Again staff amazed that she had been able to hobble around for that long. As it was already healing left it alone. 7 weeks in nearly back to normal .

How about the cat..............?

The 17 year old feline survived

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 04:24:18 PM »
Good news. He’ll be back in the reckoning for the start of next season.

BarossaD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 04:51:21 PM »
Good news. He’ll be back in the reckoning for the start of next season.

Are we still talking about the cat here? 🤔