Always a Wasp

Author Topic: James Cannon late of this Parish retires.  (Read 867 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: James Cannon late of this Parish retires.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 06:49:17 PM »
We first met JC when our grandson was 7 (now 17) many moons ago, and kept meeting him (always by coincidence) and he is one the lovliest, kindest, funniest, nicest, politest, best  and most patient blokes that I think I've ever met (except  my husband, of course)  and is still our grandson's fav player, and one of our top 5.   All happiness and success for you and your family in the future JC.  You will always be the tops for us.  Thanks for all the happy memories.  How's the cooking coming along???

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 10:00:43 PM »
Wonky, agree with that. I sat with him and Tim Payne at a Wasps dinner and had a great evening. He was a player that supporters liked more than the coaches.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 10:20:09 PM »
Fully agree with those comments. We had a long chat with him one cold night in Grenoble a few years ago and again in Galway. A quiet sense of humour. Wish him well for the future.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 10:32:55 PM »
Backdoc:  I later learned  that one particular coach made life very difficult many of the players  for absolutely  no reason at all.  ?Power.  JC was one of them but only one of several.  Totally unwarranted.  The players liked him.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 11:05:57 PM »
Put in plenty of hard yards on the pitch for us. Never disappointed to see his name on the team sheet. Good luck in your future endeavours, James.

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 03:01:17 PM »
I recall a huge break down the middle he made in the St Valentine's Day massacre. Each of his strides at full pace was at least 4 mtrs!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 03:33:18 PM »
Yup  -  remember that well.  And at AP when we had two No.4s on the field.  So so Joe stayed at 4, and JC did a swop and was given a No. 5 shirt (think it was 5)  and to many wolf whistles  'WHoo-Whoos !!' he did a strip tease.   Several women fainted.