Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wade to Exeter - TRP Rumour  (Read 16241 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wade to Exeter - TRP Rumour
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2022, 08:23:42 PM »
Good grief this is building to be a massive PR disaster for Wasps if he does go elsewhere.

If he wants rugby and not Wasps please make it Major League in the States.

I wonder if they've taken that into consideration with any negotiations.

They really can't be that naive- can they?

If a team doesn't have room in the salary cap they don't have room in the cap irrespective of pr, doubt many clubs left space just in case he became available.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2022, 08:28:02 PM »
Good grief this is building to be a massive PR disaster for Wasps if he does go elsewhere.

If a team doesn't have room in the salary cap they don't have room in the cap irrespective of pr, doubt many clubs left space just in case he became available.

Remember Lee has said recently, pre Wade, that we have the money for a back if one could be found.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2022, 08:31:42 PM »

Remember Lee has said recently, pre Wade, that we have the money for a back if one could be found.

Indeed but depends how much that back wants, bit of difference between what someone like an uncapped South African would command and what Wade might.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2022, 09:13:37 PM »
Pay him by the try. They will come, and so will the crowds.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2022, 09:26:01 PM »

And when his wage reaches the cap tell him he has to pass over the line to someone else!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2022, 11:11:44 PM »

And when his wage reaches the cap tell him he has to pass over the line to someone else!

😱 remember when he did that in a LDH passing to Varndell - just put it down!!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2022, 11:57:57 PM »
No one will sign him without a trial.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2022, 08:35:49 AM »

Not sure I like that, would you pass to our backs this year? Some of them couldn't catch the proverbial cold at times.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2022, 09:46:01 AM »
Hypothetically, as I can only imagine that all (non-cheating) clubs have their spend in relation to the cap pretty much boxed off by now, where would Wade sit in relation to being allocated a marquee spot?

As I understand it, a marquee player must either be recruited from a club outside of England or be a player with more than x years at the same club already.  Not sure if this changed at all when the 2nd marquee slot went (wasn't it one of each of the above before?).

On the face of it, he'd be signing from outside the Premiership and would therefore sit in the former category.  However, if as reported, Wasps still hold his registration, then only Wasps would be able to have him as a marquee player.

As I said, hypothetical.  In reality, I can't imagine any clubs would gamble a huge salary and  their one and only marquee spot on a player who would still have something to prove and may take a bit of time to readjust.  As alluded to above, the outcome of all this conjecture may be that Wade's own valuation of himself is too far from anything any Premiership team would be willing to pay.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2022, 10:33:49 AM »
He might end up in France for a year. Even D2. He might have left it too late in the transfer window for most English clubs.

I can't help thinking - if he was coming to Wasps this would have all been wound up without much media speculation. If Wade wanted to come back to Wasps he would contact us directly. And if Wasps wanted Wade we would have done a deal. (It's possible Wade wanted more than Wasps offered). That Wade is touting himself around the media makes me think he's not coming to Wasps.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2022, 10:37:28 AM »
Here's some fuel to the speculation/rumour/theories, would you take Wade now or try and recruit someone like Radwan when his contract expires at Newcastle?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2022, 10:42:06 AM »
It's possible that this is already a done deal and that what we're seeing is Wade simply trying to make sure people are talking about him.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2022, 01:48:01 PM »
He's always struck me as a very well grounded chap and probably unlikely to suffer with delusions of grandeur as to what his self worth may be, so I hope he doesn't overprice himself. As others have stated above, at the moment he is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2022, 02:14:43 PM »
My gut feeling is that if he wants to return to rugby then he will want to be in the Prem. I don't think he would want to try France. However, can any club fit him into their budget at this late stage in the year and would he want to sign for whoever that may be? Surely all clubs would have already completed their plans even if everything has yet to be announced?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2022, 03:10:07 PM »
My gut feeling is that if he wants to return to rugby then he will want to be in the Prem. I don't think he would want to try France. However, can any club fit him into their budget at this late stage in the year and would he want to sign for whoever that may be? Surely all clubs would have already completed their plans even if everything has yet to be announced?

Strangely as far as we know Wasps have available funding within their cap for the 2-3 players required/identified by Lee which includes the robust back talked about.
What we don't know is if anyone has already been signed up.
We just have to wait and see.
Let me tell you something cucumber