Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Squad Latest Update  (Read 1186 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Squad Latest Update
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 03:20:48 PM »
You have to think anyone worth bringing in would be available by now, or we'd be in the mix for someone. It all seems a bit too quiet to think this "ball carrying back" might actually manifest themselves.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »
You have to think anyone worth bringing in would be available by now, or we'd be in the mix for someone. It all seems a bit too quiet to think this "ball carrying back" might actually manifest themselves.

Yes and it was three players a month ago. However, Wasps historically did their business and kept it under wraps, generally, until the end of the season - so kind of hoping this might be the case (doubting it too!).
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 03:55:16 PM »

With a higher number of players out of contract across the board this year, I wonder if the more astute owners and DORs will be biding their time a bit to bag a late bargain.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 06:56:46 PM »
I like our approach. I’d rather wait 3-4 months and add quality than have 3 ready to join pre-season who don’t trouble the match day 23.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 11:52:43 AM »

With a higher number of players out of contract across the board this year, I wonder if the more astute owners and DORs will be biding their time a bit to bag a late bargain.

This is definitely a possibility.