Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams up  (Read 1628 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams up
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2022, 05:03:28 PM »
I hope the starting front row can go deep in to the game. Frost hasn't been able to find his early season form, but its the replacement props that worry me and I wouldn't like to see them up against the Tigger's starting front row.

Nice to see Tom starting at 8, I think that bodes well for a bit more control and getting the ball out to the backs.

Its time for Mills to start repaying the faith that's been shown in him and show us what he can do next season.

I'll be watching this more in hope than expectation. I feel I've already checked-out of this season mentally and judging by the  lack of activity on here in the run up to this game I suspect I'm not the only.

Eh - Mills not in the 23.
That was a bit of a brain fart.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »
I hope the starting front row can go deep in to the game. Frost hasn't been able to find his early season form, but its the replacement props that worry me and I wouldn't like to see them up against the Tigger's starting front row.

Nice to see Tom starting at 8, I think that bodes well for a bit more control and getting the ball out to the backs.

Its time for Mills to start repaying the faith that's been shown in him and show us what he can do next season.

I'll be watching this more in hope than expectation. I feel I've already checked-out of this season mentally and judging by the  lack of activity on here in the run up to this game I suspect I'm not the only.

Eh - Mills not in the 23.
That was a bit of a brain fart.

End of the season!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2022, 12:53:39 AM »
I wonder what Jacob must be thinking?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2022, 01:08:18 AM »
I wonder what Jacob must be thinking?

It’s a tricky one as he had been picked for so long between 10 and 15 eventhough he was not playing well, making momentum shifting mistakes and seemingly not learning for those mistakes.
Then he’s dropped and can’t get a look in and we’ve signed a new 10 and looking for a 15. I hope the coaches are in constant conversation with him as he seems a player who needs that, the arm round him and confidence build approach rather than the stick.  He could be 3rd choice in both positions very easily next season if he doesn’t step up a gear.

I hope he’s thinking about everything… (apart from whatever Eddie might have suggested to him) how he can improve in training, what kind of 10/15 he is or wants to be and what the club needs/wants him to be,  game management scenarios and lots of reflection on what has gone well or not so well before.

He has the ability to be a top level player but he isn’t showing that top level temperament at the moment. He’ll need to work on that personally and maybe with the club, be it with additional training, sports psychology, who knows, but next season will be a great test of his character and he’ll need a big season (especially if he’s out of contract and the other 10s have good seasons)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:10:30 AM by JonnyD »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 09:06:10 AM »
Yes, I really hope Umaga is just thinking how can I improve and get a place in the squad back. As they are now I’d be 50:50 on him or Atkinson at 10. Both lack something (mainly what the other has) but Atkinson has time to develop. For me it’s entirely possible that Haydon-Wood starts before both.