Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 2867 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2022, 04:58:58 PM »
I do believe 12 has been a bigger issue than 10. Dread to think what dipping out of the Champions Cup has cost us.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2022, 05:00:41 PM »
Physically, I thought we did well but have to agree with some of the posts that our attack isn’t great.

12 & 13 wasn’t great for me and the mistakes we make is so frustrating.

A couple of good signings could make a large difference.

9th is disappointing

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2022, 05:02:13 PM »
I’m genuinely worried about next year. We are toothless in attack and just don’t score enough points, we don’t even look like scoring points. With the players leaving and what’s coming in I don’t see that changing much and that is a real worry. Our forwards are giving us plenty of ball but we just don’t seem to know what to do with it. If we converted half our visits to the opposition 22 to points we’d be leading games and making them chase the game.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2022, 05:02:45 PM »
I do believe 12 has been a bigger issue than 10. Dread to think what dipping out of the Champions Cup has cost us.

Yes cost us a bit. However you seed in Challenge is probably better than lowest in the Champion and being stuffed early.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2022, 05:03:23 PM »
Not blowing my trumpet because i wanted to be wrong, but I called 9th and it turned out that way.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »

Yes cost us a bit. However you seed in Challenge is probably better than lowest in the Champion and being stuffed early.
Fair point and I think with our squad changes we’ll have a good dart at the Challenge Cup.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2022, 05:15:29 PM »
Encouraging forward display - with Koch we will have a pack that will compete with most teams next season.

I don’t think Crossdale has the ball or catching skills to hold down the 15 shirt. Real pity we can’t find the money to retain Millar for one more season.

Yes - we could do with improvement in the centre and at 15. Really hope to see a fit Ryan Mills (or Marooni who may be leaving Tigers) playing alongside Odendaal.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2022, 05:18:20 PM »
Encouraging forward display - with Koch we will have a pack that will compete with most teams next season.

I don’t think Crossdale has the ball or catching skills to hold down the 15 shirt. Real pity we can’t find the money to retain Millar for one more season.

Yes - we could do with improvement in the centre and at 15. Really hope to see a fit Ryan Mills (or Marooni who may be leaving Tigers) playing alongside Odendaal.

Crossdale hasn't really been given the matches to hone his match skills but he doe kind of excite when he runs.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2022, 05:23:18 PM »

Odendaal may well be an improvement but as currently we don't get him until October.(Currie Cup commitment) we have what we have. Let's hope we can negotiate a quicker release.