Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB Ratings  (Read 1089 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB Ratings
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 09:29:31 PM »
Hmmm. Not sure Bobby was watching the Wasps players too closely.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 09:31:28 PM »
Hmmm. Not sure Bobby was watching the Wasps players too closely.

I didn't watch the match, which ratings did you disagree with?

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 09:51:19 PM »
I thought Crossdale and Spink did ok. Time and age have caught up with Jimmy I’m afraid. Forward matched tigers. Atkinson needs to have a break I’m not sure he’s ever been fully fit this season but give the kid his due, he puts his body on the line in the tackle regardless of who’s running a him. Reminds me of Jonny Wilkinson in that respect so just hope the rest of his game develops to the same standard

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 09:54:20 PM »
Agree with the Atkinson rating. But safe to say local media wise it was all about Tigers today.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 11:39:40 PM »
I agree with Bobby that 12 and 13 were a bit disappointing, Spink needs to increase his involvement in games, too often on the edge.

Crossdale is a frustrating player to watch, has too many errors in his game, hopefully it will be better next season

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 02:51:14 AM »
I agree with Bobby that 12 and 13 were a bit disappointing, Spink needs to increase his involvement in games, too often on the edge.

Crossdale is a frustrating player to watch, has too many errors in his game, hopefully it will be better next season
Hate to say it but I think Spink will look better with somebody else at 12. We all look at Jimmy and want to see the player from 3-4 years ago but unfortunately he’s not there anymore. Taking sentiment out of it it is probably the right decision to let him go if he wants to carry on playing but I’d love to see him back at some point in a coaching capacity. I agree about Crossdale but still think he’s the best option we currently have at 15. He’s young enough to improve with consistent game time but it has to happen fast

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 09:20:27 AM »
Not sure what the 5 rating for Tom West was about. Yes he gave pens way but that was because the officials had no clue Cole was having a torrid time. Scrum battle was intriguing, the officiating wasn’t.

Atkinson is some lad isn’t he? Never shies away from the battle. I’m sure he’ll keep maturing and turn into an all-round top player. Looking forward to next season when he’s fully fit and rested, he’s had a torrid time since his ridiculous emergency call to arms when he could barely run after his injury.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »
Team of the season Times today:

Max Malins (Saracens); Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons), Dan Kelly (Leicester Tigers), Andre Esterhuizen (Harlequins), Tom O’Flaherty (Exeter Chiefs); Owen Farrell (Saracens), Danny Care (Harlequins); Ellis Genge (Leicester), Julian Montoya (Leicester), Biyi Alo (Wasps); Hugh Tizard (Harlequins), Lood de Jager (Sale Sharks); Theo McFarland (Saracens), Tomas Reffell (Leicester), Billy Vunipola (Saracens).

Alternative player of the year
Biyi Alo. A huge and vastly improved Wasps prop, and rapper of increasing renown.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 12:15:54 PM »
Biyi's getting increasing recognition. He and Ellis exchanged pleasantries several times yesterday afternoon. I don't think they were discussing music :)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »
Alo has been a revelation. He’ll learn even more from Koch. Koch, Alo, Ryan is a very good TH option.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2022, 11:36:58 AM »
Team of the season Times today:

Max Malins (Saracens); Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons), Dan Kelly (Leicester Tigers), Andre Esterhuizen (Harlequins), Tom O’Flaherty (Exeter Chiefs); Owen Farrell (Saracens), Danny Care (Harlequins); Ellis Genge (Leicester), Julian Montoya (Leicester), Biyi Alo (Wasps); Hugh Tizard (Harlequins), Lood de Jager (Sale Sharks); Theo McFarland (Saracens), Tomas Reffell (Leicester), Billy Vunipola (Saracens).

Alternative player of the year
Biyi Alo. A huge and vastly improved Wasps prop, and rapper of increasing renown.

That team's ridiculous. Malins doesn't play 15 for Sarries, McFarland has only started a handful of games, as has Farrell. Was it a Jones piece?