Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Challenge Cup 22/23  (Read 6399 times)

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge Cup 22/23
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2022, 01:14:58 PM »
We usually fly to Bordeaux and hire a car, which takes around 2 hours to Bayonne.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2022, 01:16:43 PM »
We usually fly to Bordeaux and hire a car, which takes around 2 hours to Bayonne.

Was going to say the easiest route is probably into Bordeaux.  We took the TGV last time we went which is a similar journey time, although it's 20 mins or so from Airport to Train Station in a Cab.  Did a quick shop in the Carrefour nearby the station and enjoyed a few bottles of fizz and wine along with cheese/meats on the journey down.

Was very pleasant and inexpensive.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2022, 01:21:25 PM »
I can personally recommend flying to Bilbao, hiring a car & driving to Bayonne via San Sebastian & various towns along the coast. Fantastic food & scenery!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2022, 01:24:52 PM »
Exeter, Harlequins and London Irish all face trips to South African sides, included in the competition for the first time, in the pool stages of the 2022-23 Heineken Champions Cup.

Didn't someone say earlier in this thread that the Saffa sides would be based in Europe for the games? Or was that just the challenge cup?
I thought it was only Cheetahs because they were invited and they have chosen to play in Italy, but I can’t find the Tweet I think I saw🤷‍♂️

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2022, 01:30:05 PM »
Exeter, Harlequins and London Irish all face trips to South African sides, included in the competition for the first time, in the pool stages of the 2022-23 Heineken Champions Cup.

Didn't someone say earlier in this thread that the Saffa sides would be based in Europe for the games? Or was that just the challenge cup?
I thought it was only Cheetahs because they were invited and they have chosen to play in Italy, but I can’t find the Tweet I think I saw🤷‍♂️

Only Cheetahs as they are an "Invitation" team. Thus must base themselves in Europe.  The rest are in the Cups on merit and have home matches.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2022, 01:37:51 PM »
so who are we playing, I thought it was the Dragons and Pau, is this right?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2022, 01:45:56 PM »
We'll play Dragons and Bayonne.

Other teams in our pool: Scarlets, Pau, Stade Francais, Worcester, Lions, Benetton, Cheetahs.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2022, 05:12:23 PM »
Hidden at the bottom of ITV's press release about securing the free to air coverage deal for the next two seasons is an indication that fixtures should be confirmed this week.