Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Semi-Finals  (Read 3396 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Finals
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2022, 06:51:13 PM »
Agreed. Two really absorbing games. I think Saracens will take the final fairly comfortably.

Pompeyman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2022, 07:09:44 PM »
sadly not the final I wanted but 2 good, exciting games ( Saints will kick themselves, they lost that rather than Tiggers winning) . On a sour note, just cannot stand Sarries and the way they celebrate in the oppo's faces. I know its old fashioned but it's just goading, irritating and designed to wind up the opposition. I don't care how good they are ( and they were good) I just can't stand them... leaving the whole cheating bit aside !

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2022, 07:25:36 PM »
The whooping and hollering is the modern day version of the physical skullduggery that players used to use to wind up and put off opponents in times pre micced up ARs / TMOs / multiple camera angles. However I agree there is a big difference between celebrating with your team mates and getting in the face of opponents to do it, we have seen patronising pats on heads penalised so why not in face celebrations

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2022, 08:42:06 PM »
The whooping and hollering is the modern day version of the physical skullduggery that players used to use to wind up and put off opponents in times pre micced up ARs / TMOs / multiple camera angles. However I agree there is a big difference between celebrating with your team mates and getting in the face of opponents to do it, we have seen patronising pats on heads penalised so why not in face celebrations

Unsportsmanlike conduct?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2022, 09:49:38 PM »
God I can’t stand Sarries, a club very easy to dislike with a passion, real shame they will win next Saturday. 20+ points next week

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2022, 10:13:56 PM »
Unless Tigers get under their skin. That is their only chance. Wind them up.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2022, 10:17:44 PM »
Three dangerous tackles by the same team in a 15 minute spell, amongst a raft of others that were borderline at best. Yet not a single red card. As mentioned above, what the hell did Umaga and Shields make if that?
When one team is playing dangerously, consistently, then surely the club should face some sort of reprimand as it starts to look like an engrained way of playing rather than isolated, unfortunate instances of poor judgement or execution.

hopwood

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2022, 11:59:58 PM »

I was at that game in Parc de Princes in 1992/1993? when France had 2 sent off and a clash of heads in midfield.
Trust me, Skinner, Dooley, Ackford, Moore etc were no better than the current Sarries crop.
I may not like it, but jeez, when it’s your team and you win in dark places…you can only cheer.

I’ll remove my rose tinted glasses, to mildly boo Sarries!  :D

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2022, 08:18:50 AM »
I won't be cheering for either side in the final. As was posted on Shedweb, minor cheats v major cheats. Sad for English rugby.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2022, 09:27:16 AM »
Three dangerous tackles by the same team in a 15 minute spell, amongst a raft of others that were borderline at best. Yet not a single red card. As mentioned above, what the hell did Umaga and Shields make if that?
When one team is playing dangerously, consistently, then surely the club should face some sort of reprimand as it starts to look like an engrained way of playing rather than isolated, unfortunate instances of poor judgement or execution.

It is engrained. I watched their final vs Bath - it ws repeated on tv recently, it was the one when Farrell straight armed Watson, he was taken off soon after and the EA's scored their first try whilst AW was looking groggy. It was v high, straight red any time, only a penalty....Just like the assault on Charlie by Farrell in the Prem game - tbf, it got a red, but you don't run many metres with clear view of your target accidentally. They always suggest they are sorry - but I don't believe them.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2022, 11:57:27 AM »
Both teams contesting the final are not easy to like for me. But Sarries have made an art form of it. Arrogant, entitled, nasty and posturing. I was also disappointed at the commentary constantly referring to them “winning” things before the relegation. I know they’ve not had titles removed but could we be spared this at least.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2022, 12:34:01 PM »
I would rather clean out the kitchen oven than watch the impending final.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2022, 02:11:39 PM »
I would rather clean out the kitchen oven than watch the impending final.

😄good way of practising for a ruck, but I don’t think your knees will be able to take it!

Unfortunately already got tickets, but at least enough of us going to make it a party day out. Breakfast booked for 10:30 West Hampstead . Gonna be long day.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2022, 09:12:32 PM »
Hope you enjoy it boy!! Have a grand day.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile