Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TMO input changes  (Read 635 times)

Heathen

• View Profile

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TMO input changes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 05:31:47 PM »
In addition, in the event of a try, should the footage relating to an infringement only be made available by the broadcaster after the conversion has taken place, but before the restart, then the referee and TMO may highlight the infringement and deal with it accordingly.

So this effectively stops the age old "kick it quick" theory. So as long as no restart they can wipe a try off. Hmmm
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 05:58:40 PM »
Should have explicitly written in to it that players cannot request checks, fan noise cannot influence the decision to check and BT commentators should be ignored.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:59:02 PM »
I think the important words are 'clear and obvious'. Apart from adjudicating on try grounding and foul play, I have no problem with TMO highlighting something that IS clear and obvious with 1 real time replay after the event. It's the endless slo-mo replays of passes where it isn't clear or obvious that become so tedious.

I was watching THAT try by 1973 Barbarians the other day. It would never have happened if played today. The head shot on JPR would have been immediately penalised and, even if not, the final pass from Quinnell to Edwards would have been endlessly scrutinised to show it was forward, therefore depriving us of something wonderful.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 06:01:39 PM »
In addition, in the event of a try, should the footage relating to an infringement only be made available by the broadcaster after the conversion has taken place, but before the restart, then the referee and TMO may highlight the infringement and deal with it accordingly.

So this effectively stops the age old "kick it quick" theory. So as long as no restart they can wipe a try off. Hmmm

I thought this rule was to stop the French director shenanigans as well!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 06:12:27 PM »

I thought this rule was to stop the French director shenanigans as well!

Nothing will do that!
Let me tell you something cucumber