Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England v Baa baas announced with Jack on bench  (Read 2930 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: England v Baa baas announced with Jack on bench
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2022, 08:48:14 PM »
The equation is simple now, Eddie Jones is the problem, thus the solution is simple, remove him, and do it now.

I think that has been evident for a long time!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2022, 10:31:53 PM »
That is so well put by all of you, esp. by Hopwood.  Plus 1 with bells and ribbons.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2022, 10:34:42 PM »
In many walks of life Eddie would have been sectioned by now. He would certainly have been removed from any position of responsibility towards others.

Please can he be sacked ASAP. Whatever the cost [though a man of decency would simply leave].

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2022, 10:15:10 AM »
In many walks of life Eddie would have been sectioned by now. He would certainly have been removed from any position of responsibility towards others.

Please can he be sacked ASAP. Whatever the cost [though a man of decency would simply leave].

If England get dicked by the Aussies then surely he has to go. Borthwick has shown that it doesn't take long for a new man in charge to turn things around so no excuses in saying EJ has to see England through to the World Cup next year.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2022, 10:34:48 AM »
As a founder member of the "taxi for Jones" brigade, I agree he should go. He should have gone 2019- in which case his record would have been great two years, rubbish 18 months, good WC.

However, it now has good year, two more terrible years added on. I don't think he would ever voluntarily walk unless someone of rugby persuasion was appointed over him. I don't think a 0-3 reverse against a creditable but not wroldbeating Australia would get him going and frankly neither would home defeats in November or a bad 6n. When a balloon is rising out of control you can hang on or let go, and the RFU is hanging on.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2022, 11:50:22 AM »

If England get dicked by the Aussies then surely he has to go. Borthwick has shown that it doesn't take long for a new man in charge to turn things around so no excuses in saying EJ has to see England through to the World Cup next year.
I agree and I'm sure Baxter, Diamond or any other English would step up as well if asked. The problem is putting together an international side is more difficult than coaching the same players week in, week out.

That said, they couldn't do a worse job so its a shot to nothing.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2022, 12:26:20 PM »
Jones out is undeniably what’s needed. Who in? Someone to add belief, freedom of thought and a winning mentality. I’d chuck some cash Scott Robertson’s way.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2022, 01:06:15 PM »
Jones out is undeniably what’s needed. Who in? Someone to add belief, freedom of thought and a winning mentality. I’d chuck some cash Scott Robertson’s way.

How can they keep ignoring Shaun Edwards? He's won trophies everywhere he's coached, seems a no brainer to me, but I expect he's likely to ruffle too many feathers among the old farts.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2022, 04:50:57 PM »
Nice few lines in The Guardian's 'The Breakdown.

The Barbarians had enjoyed such a social buildup week that Amazon Prime’s pitchside pundits even noted on air that the perspiring man of the match, George Kruis, “smelt of Moscow Mules”. Losing against a talented French-dominated side is one thing but getting pumped by more than 50 points in an England jersey by a team who had been in the pub for much of the week is properly embarrassing.

Brought a smile to my lips.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hopwood

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2022, 08:06:24 PM »
Nice few lines in The Guardian's 'The Breakdown.

The Barbarians had enjoyed such a social buildup week that Amazon Prime’s pitchside pundits even noted on air that the perspiring man of the match, George Kruis, “smelt of Moscow Mules”. Losing against a talented French-dominated side is one thing but getting pumped by more than 50 points in an England jersey by a team who had been in the pub for much of the week is properly embarrassing.

Brought a smile to my lips.

Brought a smile to my face too.

And it probably reveals just how much Eddie Jones doesn’t understand about psychology/human connection/special bonds/hugs/beers etc etc.
Listening to the likes of Dallaglio talk about the bonds they created 25 years ago with the ‘97 Lions (they had a get together last week), you realise the cleverest coaches encourage time together, letting off steam…because it unites in such a powerful way.

Eddie’s training weeks always sound so draining and laborious.
Everyone in the world realises he’s not the right coach for England right now, other than himself.
And that beautifully reveals his lack of self awareness.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:40:11 PM by hopwood »