Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Eng squad for Aus.  (Read 1577 times)

hopwood

Re: Eng squad for Aus.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2022, 02:51:42 PM »
I’m actually really grateful that none of our other lads are going.

I get the feeling that now that England have just been munched by the scratch Barbarians, he’s going to turn to utter brutality as his number one strategy.
Even though Billy V has been selected, I’m not sure how much he’s going to enjoy this tour after a long season.
Jones is going to use him relentlessly as a battering ram…and the guy is going to be toast by the time he comes home.
Quite glad that’s not Alfie or Tom Willis.
End of a long season, morale quite low, poor strategy and playing an Aussie side on the other side of the world.

I’m happy for Jack.
Quite glad for the other Waspies to rest up and heal their bodies properly after an already exhausting season.

These professional rugby players simply don’t get enough time to heal properly.
Too many injections to mask long term issues.
It’s a tragedy.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2022, 03:19:41 PM »
Completely agree Hopwood. Which is precisely why the endless training camps leading up to the Barbarians game and the game itself should have been scrapped. Let’s be honest, the squad would have been exactly the same. We need to find time to get some rest and recovery into these guys. Instead we do the opposite.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2022, 03:39:34 PM »
Plus 1

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2022, 05:28:27 PM »
Completely agree Hopwood. Which is precisely why the endless training camps leading up to the Barbarians game and the game itself should have been scrapped. Let’s be honest, the squad would have been exactly the same. We need to find time to get some rest and recovery into these guys. Instead we do the opposite.

Should have gone on the lash for a week - just like the Baabaas ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 03:02:27 PM »
I'm struggling to understand what England are trying to do with their selection and tactics. I'm also convinced EJ does not have a clue about scrum halves.

If you want to play a fast game you need an appropriate 9 for distribution. Care can do it and so can Mitchell, who isn't selected. Definitely the form players for that style. Ben Youngs has never had that.

JVP didn't even make the Tiger's bench for the final and hasn't played that many games so why is he there? Quirke was not mentioned as injured, though he is, suggesting he wouldn't have been picked either.