Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Pathetic Excuse from Jones.  (Read 3129 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Pathetic Excuse from Jones.
« on: July 02, 2022, 04:49:24 PM »
Eddie Jones claims referee tried to ‘even things up’ after Australia red card

‘It happens in every game … he helps the team with the red card’

Article in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jul/02/eddie-jones-the-referee-always-tries-to-even-things-up-after-a-red-card

What a sad little man.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pathetic Excuse from Jones.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 04:51:48 PM »
Straws - grasping - at.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 04:58:06 PM »
It is getting to the point that, when he does go, he might find it difficult to get a kit man's job.

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 04:58:51 PM »
So basically saying ref was either lenient towards Aus or harsh on Eng. Either way, in the World of Jones, the ref was biased in Aus favour.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 05:34:40 PM »
Were Sky showing us a different game to the one he was at?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 01:39:27 AM »
So basically saying ref was either lenient towards Aus or harsh on Eng. Either way, in the World of Jones, the ref was biased in Aus favour.

Think that’s actually severely downplaying the importance a guy like Pudsey has on a team, I don’t think Jones has the mentality or ability to do that role.
Maybe just back to Japan where he probably does still have credit in the bank and do some more consultancy work

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 07:39:38 AM »
For a head coach who is meant to be a unifying factor Eddie Jones is a divisive and frankly unpalatable individual. I remember one of my old coaches telling me when I was young ‘don’t judge someone by how they win but by how they lose’. His comments post game reflect someone who really does not deserve to be in charge of our national team, and if anything his own personality and style -or lack of- rugby he is trying to establish is making us more remote from the team.
I just really really wish we can get rid of him.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 08:23:27 AM »
Are there any performance clauses in EJ's contact extension? I know the RFU were obsessed with world cup results but, dear lord, I hope they put some sort of minimum 6 Nations and summer tour result clause in place.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 08:31:24 AM »
A great head coach would want to win everything, not just aim for a World Cup. Eddie Jones has an outlook that is not compatible for a team that wants to win things. You go into the summer tours, A.I’s, six nations and world cups wanting to win everything and treating each with the passion and commitments it deserves.He does not thus should not be in place a moment longer.

There must be a way we can get rid of him after the tour at the very latest…to be honest it would be no bad thing removing him before the next game, it can’t get any worse.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 08:35:52 AM »

There must be a way we can get rid of him after the tour at the very latest…to be honest it would be no bad thing removing him before the next game, it can’t get any worse.

I suggest a quick whip round and take out a contract on him ;) If the person who takes it up is an England rugby fan then it might be done for free 8)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 09:26:56 AM »
Mind be simpler (and cleaner) to arrange for the return portion of his ticket to be cancelled.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 12:54:15 PM »
When we won the world cup we were #1 in the rankings and favourites to win.  That is how you prepare. You create a squad that cannot conceive of themselves losing. what you don't do is trot out the same players again and again despite them never performing consistently and hope that maybe this time they might win.

yes there were are few new players in this team, but Jones has always had a core of players he considers "his team" and he drops unknowns, wild cards, and the ocassional form player in just to shut everyone up.  Then he drops them as soon as he can and find someone else.  The only real exception to this is Smith, and it looks like he's being forced to play a game that isn't his natural one, while being bossed around by a 12 who was never as skilled a 10 as Smith on his very best day.

I didn't watch the match, there is very little about Crazy Eddie's England that inspires or excites me. I'd rather watch SH teams play each other as a neutral.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 01:27:55 PM »
Ross M  -  may I be the first to offer my services PLEASE???

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 03:15:39 PM »
Looking at the lack of craft and guile yesterday it is inconceivable that Malins is sat at home. I really don’t know how an international coach picks the back three we had out there starting yesterday.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 03:51:49 PM »
Looking at the lack of craft and guile yesterday it is inconceivable that Malins is sat at home. I really don’t know how an international coach picks the back three we had out there starting yesterday.
Especially as he not only mirrors Watson - prob the best all round back three player in recent times - and has experience of playing 10. Which means he can provide that second 5/8th skillset from the back three. Something in evidence for the ABs again yesterday.

But that back three selection is the sort of dull turgid selection that we had in the 6Ns which contributed too often to the lack of attacking edge. Steward with Freeman and Malins at wing would look a ore than decent back three....Shame only tow of them on tour...