Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours?  (Read 3840 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2022, 11:28:19 AM »
Nelly a useless bit of info, just down the road from Adams Park, about 100m, were 2 gold discs from early F Mac albums, I think Albatross was one of them, they lived on the wall of the reception office in Stewart Mouldings as Bill Stewarts son ran the recording studio which produced them, I always thought it was pretty cool when I worked there to see those iconic discs on the wall.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »
Seen on twatter- groundsman only resending pitch instead of relaying to save £s. Apparently 47K to relay against 10k for seeding. No confidence about long life given 3 days of rugby 7s then footy starts immediately afterwards.
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2022, 03:52:18 PM »
Seen on twatter- groundsman only resending pitch instead of relaying to save £s. Apparently 47K to relay against 10k for seeding. No confidence about long life given 3 days of rugby 7s then footy starts immediately afterwards.

Are you saying that there's no confidence in long life if it's relaid and then rugby 7's and football starting so soon?

Or no confidence of the reseeding providing long life?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2022, 04:10:43 PM »

Are you saying that there's no confidence in long life if it's relaid and then rugby 7's and football starting so soon?

Or no confidence of the reseeding providing long life?

The twatter suggested the groundpersons were not confident about the time to get seed grown to the level of being able to cope.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2022, 05:04:53 PM »
Nothing will 'take' in this weather other than full plastic. Seed will need watering, and that will simply cook the seeds and then evaporate. If it did need seeding, it should have been a coupe of months ago, and being so new, might not survive anyway.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2022, 05:14:44 PM »
Well, at least it'll give the football club an excuse whenever they lose...

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 02:44:40 PM »
Might be slightly out of budget and we might have needed a few extra Hurricanes in the squad still to tempt him but see Ngani Laumape could be on his way out of Stade Francais with his family not having settled in Paris.

Francis Saiili is still available I believe, classy player but has been injured a lot in recent years.

Although not a centre or a hard running back, George Bridge also rumoured to be moving to Europe after being well down the All Blacks pecking order now.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2022, 04:44:29 PM »
Playing mischievous here... Wasps want a ball carrying back. Samu Kerevi is in the Australian 7s Squad this week. Out of contract next year.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2022, 05:47:46 PM »
Playing mischievous here... Wasps want a ball carrying back. Samu Kerevi is in the Australian 7s Squad this week. Out of contract next year.

And at the CBSA

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2022, 07:26:51 AM »
Stop it. It’s the hope that kills ya.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2022, 08:51:31 AM »
I'd have either haha. I even miss being linked to Ollie Devoto.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2022, 10:22:08 AM »
A few years ago I worked with the husband of one of, then, Bath Rugby office staff members, and I remember him coming in to work and telling me that Wasps had signed Devoto before it was even a rumour.. When he eventually signed for Exeter it came as a bit of a shock to some of the Bath people.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »
Laumape would be unreal but if his family haven't settled in France I doubt they'd do anything other than go back to NZ.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2022, 07:20:29 PM »
Laumape would be unreal but if his family haven't settled in France I doubt they'd do anything other than go back to NZ.

He's going to Japan and I imagine his family are going home. Sailli the replacement for Stade

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2022, 05:44:17 PM »
Speaking of rumors, has anyone heard when the 2022-23 kit may be revealed?