Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps fans claim they're 'left in dark' and ask club for answers  (Read 13184 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps fans claim they're 'left in dark' and ask club for answers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 05:31:50 PM »
And...........

From Andy Turner.

'Quite heavy' - Coventry City asked for pitch explanation by EFL ahead of punishment decision.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-pitch-cbsarena-efl-24707141
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 06:34:54 PM »
Report from Bobby Bridge.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-fans-claim-theyre-left-24712607

I can't say I disagree with any of the sentiments expressed therein - Wasps are in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, and thus far communication has ranged from poor to non-existent.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 06:59:28 PM »

It's the age of social media, fans expect to hear more than they ever used to
Wasps state that they wish to be more active with social media and more communicative - this is a chance to prove it.

However, they'd be in a minority of sports teams if they were to do so

Clearly we're not the richest club in the world, clearly we aren't pulling up trees on the pitch, but neither do we have a divine right to be winning - no one does
Every team requires an owner to put money into the club, none turn a profit. The same is mostly true for football as well. The difference is that it's a bit easier to fund a top flight rugby team than a top flight football team

We may have space in the cap, but there may be uncertainties with who will get international credits. Launchbury, Willis and Barbeary may earn the club nearly £250k in international credits or they may earn them nothing.
£250k is a fairly substantial number in these reduced salary cap days.

As for the pitch, it's another bad sign, but also with potentially mitigating circumstances as have been discussed elsewhere.

The club has probably earnt good money from the commonwealth games and concert(s) in the summer that we're probably not in a position where we're going to fold in days/weeks/months, but also there's obviously a number of things that need addressing.

The problem with being so fun that has numerous business interests, a large stadium, and vocal tenants is that everything is high profile.
Hopefully in due course our successes will be high profile too.

I may be burying my head in the sand, but ultimately there's nothing I can do about it if things are as bad as some state, so you go with the flow and hope you come out the other side with a smile

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »
I’d rather just hear something when there is something definite and meaningful to communicate. Can’t be doing with bland holding statements that are issued in the name of communication but contain zero detail.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 07:08:54 PM »
A sensible thought out post - thanks.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 08:54:28 PM »
I see we’ve issued a statement which makes interesting reading. Clear undertone is that we and the football team are not, currently, on the best of terms.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 09:46:40 PM »
I think that’s rumour and speculation of the highest order and although not what is being addressed in this statement it’s clear they quite rightly don’t want to comment on every piece of that.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 10:03:57 PM »
Might be some long term finance issues,but the pitch is a side show for me. Same for both teams, end of.

Recruitment freeze is.....worrying, but more worrying is the shite game plan last year that clearly did not trust the double figures guys to finish from 5m. If we can get an all court game going early this squad could do really well. If it stats poorly it could be last year but worse.

If we get some confidence this could all seem like silly season shenanigans, long term bond stuff not withstanding. If we have a wet turd of a season, things will seem grimmer than they are now.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »
 :) “A wet turd of a season”. That sounds like a bad season indeed.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 10:30:15 PM »
Sounds like a tummy upset.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 06:41:57 PM »
The latest rumour (take with salt as required) is that Wasps have raised a CVA.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 07:54:03 PM »
Funnily enough I’ve just finished reading the, Niels. I agree, a good read that encapsulates a lot of our discussions.

CoDY,

If one is being arranged it’s not a big deal. It’s a way for companies to restructure debt if most creditors agree. It’s designed to stop one or 2 creditors forcing an otherwise sound business in to bankruptcy and asset stripping.

https://www.gov.uk/company-voluntary-arrangements