Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps fans claim they're 'left in dark' and ask club for answers  (Read 13292 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps fans claim they're 'left in dark' and ask club for answers
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2022, 02:32:12 PM »
Pete Nutall view -

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-rugby-news-24729548
I liked Nuttall as the stadium announcer but quite why his opinion on the broader situation has been sought by the CET I’ve no idea.

Slow news day? They'll be speaking to James Haskell next🤣
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2022, 03:06:45 PM »
Pete Nutall view -

I liked Nuttall as the stadium announcer but quite why his opinion on the broader situation has been sought by the CET I’ve no idea.

He tweeted it this morning.
They're presumably just posting wasps related news from someone who used to know the inner circle.

I just hope that Pete doesn't know more than we do and is just coming to his own conclusions

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2022, 03:42:30 PM »
Pete Nutall view -

They're presumably just posting wasps related news from someone who used to know the inner circle.

I just hope that Pete doesn't know more than we do and is just coming to his own conclusions

Can't believe he does - no love lost I think.
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2022, 04:15:34 PM »
Pete Nutall view -

Can't believe he does - no love lost I think.

In fairness, if what was posted in Twitter originally is correct, he was treated pretty poorly.

But still, that doesn't mean the club is about to implode.
Just that it sometimes misses common sense the same as all businesses

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2022, 04:23:14 PM »
I know it was a tweet but I’d like to believe he did the whole interview over a PA system.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
I know it was a tweet but I’d like to believe he did the whole interview over a PA system.

:) :) :)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »
If it was our PA nobody would have understood a word.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2022, 05:16:35 PM »
If it was our PA nobody would have understood a word.

Sounded much improved on telly for the 7s

Chins

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2022, 05:18:07 PM »
One of the things i picked up on was this statement. If true it really does show we are struggling. A prem club without any social media team and hoping for freebies.

"Wasps' apparent slow down on communications could indeed be linked to the ongoing bond issue but it could also be a knock-on effect of losing both its communications manager and its digital and social media manager in April.

Advertisements for two communication roles were advertised but have subsequently been removed, with the club last week posting on its website a vacancy for a matchday media officer on a voluntary basis, with expenses"

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2022, 05:24:58 PM »
CoDY,

If one is being arranged it’s not a big deal. It’s a way for companies to restructure debt if most creditors agree. It’s designed to stop one or 2 creditors forcing an otherwise sound business in to bankruptcy and asset stripping.

https://www.gov.uk/company-voluntary-arrangements

Thanks for that, BiND - interesting and informative stuff.

However, *if* the CVA rumour is true, I can't agree that it's "not a big deal." It wouldn't necessarily mean that the end was nigh, of course, no matter how loudly some may proclaim otherwise... but it'd still be a big deal insofar as I'm concerned.

This is especially true given that "sound" appears to be the last word one can use (non-sarcastically!) to describe Wasps' business model.

I just wish the Club would get on and say *something* - we're a month away from the start of the season, less time still from the preseason friendlies, and the silence is deafening.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2022, 05:44:44 PM »
Pete Nutall view -

Slow news day? They'll be speaking to James Haskell next🤣

First post for a while that’s made me laugh 🤣

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2022, 08:15:47 PM »
CoDY,

If one is being arranged it’s not a big deal. It’s a way for companies to restructure debt if most creditors agree. It’s designed to stop one or 2 creditors forcing an otherwise sound business in to bankruptcy and asset stripping.

However, *if* the CVA rumour is true, I can't agree that it's "not a big deal." It wouldn't necessarily mean that the end was nigh, of course, no matter how loudly some may proclaim otherwise... but it'd still be a big deal insofar as I'm concerned.

This is especially true given that "sound" appears to be the last word one can use (non-sarcastically!) to describe Wasps' business model.

I just wish the Club would get on and say *something* - we're a month away from the start of the season, less time still from the preseason friendlies, and the silence is deafening.

I think I conflated CVA and what used to be called pre-packs. If it is a CVA its not good because although the business is probably sound it puts the onus on paying back creditors rather than investing in the underlying business, so not a good step.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2022, 10:12:32 PM »
They shot themselves in the foot with Pete. The max they save is his salary plus contributions, and that can't be much. In the bargain they antagonise him and many fans.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2022, 10:25:59 PM »
CoDY,

I think I conflated CVA and what used to be called pre-packs. If it is a CVA its not good because although the business is probably sound it puts the onus on paying back creditors rather than investing in the underlying business, so not a good step.

I’m sorry BiND, how can the business be considered sound? Annual losses, unable to repay loans, unable to recruit players, looks like a number of season ticket holders not renewing, unable to maintain the pitch.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2022, 10:26:43 PM »
They shot themselves in the foot with Pete. The max they save is his salary plus contributions, and that can't be much. In the bargain they antagonise him and many fans.

I have a gut feeling that there is more to the Pete affair than we know about.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!