General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Morning All!

(1/3) > >>

Vespula Vulgaris:
I haven't opened the curtains yet so I have no idea what the weather is like down here in Hampshire.  But I'm hoping that today will be a good day in one way...

I've got a busy day lined up, Mrs VV is working, and the show that I've been ferrying the kids around for rehearsals of is this afternoon so I don't know if I'll be done in time to watch the game.  But rest asured I'll be following it one way or another.

I didn't think I'd be at all confident about this one, but I have a growing feeling of positivity about this one.  I'm gonna stick to my prediction in this thread and say we'll edge a win.

Daeg:
Morning all. Finally a Saturday lie in... no early starts to get the littl’un to orchestra. Bliss. Admittedly gotta go Christmas shopping but with the late kick off I can take my time. The wife is off with the girls for a spa weekend so it’s steak and beer in front of the match. Happy days. Not sure how I feel about this one. I think we can squeak a win, but as long as we don’t get hammered and put in a performance I’ll be satisfied. Naturally I want a win but at the moment maintaining our trajectory in a positive direction feels more important... if that makes sense?

wasps:
It's our first game at the Ricoh for a couple of seasons. Had to give up our season tickets when we had twins. But today, they're being looked after by the grandparents, and we're gonna start the 3 hour drive to Coventry later this morning.

A big part of me doesn't care how the game goes, I'm just glad to be able to watch some live sport again, however, my wife always reminds me how grumpy I get when we lose..... So we better win.

I like VV's prediction.
It has everything you want and expect from a game. The result hanging in the balance, and as expected, Wasps conceding lots of points, but crucially coming out on the right side.

Vespula Vulgaris:

--- Quote from: Daeg on December 08, 2018, 08:16:02 AM ---Morning all. Finally a Saturday lie in... no early starts to get the littl’un to orchestra. Bliss. Admittedly gotta go Christmas shopping but with the late kick off I can take my time. The wife is off with the girls for a spa weekend so it’s steak and beer in front of the match. Happy days. Not sure how I feel about this one. I think we can squeak a win, but as long as we don’t get hammered and put in a performance I’ll be satisfied. Naturally I want a win but at the moment maintaining our trajectory in a positive direction feels more important... if that makes sense?

--- End quote ---

Morning Daeg, and welcome to the forum!  Agree wholeheartedly about maintaining what little momentum we have.

Vespula Vulgaris:

--- Quote from: wasps on December 08, 2018, 08:20:54 AM ---It's our first game at the Ricoh for a couple of seasons. Had to give up our season tickets when we had twins. But today, they're being looked after by the grandparents, and we're gonna start the 3 hour drive to Coventry later this morning.

A big part of me doesn't care how the game goes, I'm just glad to be able to watch some live sport again, however, my wife always reminds me how grumpy I get when we lose..... So we better win.

I like VV's prediction.
It has everything you want and expect from a game. The result hanging in the balance, and as expected, Wasps conceding lots of points, but crucially coming out on the right side.

--- End quote ---

Whereabouts are you based?  In fact don't answer that here, let's have a new thread for it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version