General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Who are you really?

<< < (3/27) > >>

coddy:
I'm Steve 49 years old and from Banbury, I chose Wasps as my team when they started playing at Loftus Road as that's where my dad used to take me to watch football. Used to have a season ticket at Adams Park but now either cherry pick games at the Ricoh or go for the half season ticket.

I also ride motorbikes and as well as my trusty Vespa scooter I'm the proud owner of a new Triumph Tiger XRT of which I plan to tour Western Europe on in the next few years.

NellyWellyWaspy:

--- Quote from: coddy on December 09, 2018, 09:34:06 AM ---I'm Steve 49 years old and from Banbury, I chose Wasps as my team when they started playing at Loftus Road as that's where my dad used to take me to watch football. Used to have a season ticket at Adams Park but now either cherry pick games at the Ricoh or go for the half season ticket.

I also ride motorbikes and as well as my trusty Vespa scooter I'm the proud owner of a new Triumph Tiger XRT of which I plan to tour Western Europe on in the next few years.

--- End quote ---

My first 'bike' was a white Vespa 200 Rally, which I bought (very used) in 1978 from Frettons in Leamington. Such fun, but very uncomfortable at speed (not that I could tell from the speedo what speed I was doing, except when a policeman would pull me over) or rides longer than 20-30 miles. Great around town (Manchester at the time).

EDIT: In those days, you didn't need to take a test to ride one of these, all you needed was a car license. Should have taken the test then, as it was easy compared to nowadays (very hard now). I took the full test earlier this year.

BG:
I'm Bryan, 48, live in Leamington. Played rugby from the age of 6 to 18.. stopped for about 6 yrs then started again for a local club (Old Warwickians) in my mid 20's, stopped at about 30. I still meet people around town or at the ricoch that I played with and there is still a bond there.

Before the Wasps move to Cov I occasionally went to Tigers or Wuss.

Work in IT.. a generally broad spectrum of expertise from Servers, network design and firewalls to fixing friends laptops.

I ride motorbikes and almost fell off my chair when my older brother, NWW, told me this year that he'd bought a motorbike.. before he passed his test! There's confidence and ambition for you.

My dream - to ride the Pan-american highway from Alaska to Argentina (having read a book by Dan Walsh)

NellyWellyWaspy:

--- Quote from: BG on December 09, 2018, 11:42:22 AM ---I'm Bryan, 48, live in Leamington. Played rugby from the age of 6 to 18.. stopped for about 6 yrs then started again for a local club (Old Warwickians) in my mid 20's, stopped at about 30. I still meet people around town or at the ricoch that I played with and there is still a bond there.

Before the Wasps move to Cov I occasionally went to Tigers or Wuss.

Work in IT.. a generally broad spectrum of expertise from Servers, network design and firewalls to fixing friends laptops.

I ride motorbikes and almost fell off my chair when my older brother, NWW, told me this year that he'd bought a motorbike.. before he passed his test! There's confidence and ambition for you.

My dream - to ride the Pan-american highway from Alaska to Argentina (having read a book by Dan Walsh)

--- End quote ---

Do I know you? hehe. Bryan is the little guy in this photo:

EDIT: Bryan is right, I only took my test this year (and passed, just). Since then I have clocked up over 6000 miles on three different bikes. He said I was mad to: 1. even start riding, 2. to try and take the test at my age, 3. Buy a bike BEFORE I even took the test. Turns out, he was right. I AM mad. Who knew?

RogerE:
I hated football as a kid, but loved watching Rugby on the box (ok it was usually Bath or Leicester matches that were shown).

I was taken to watch Wasps as a birthday treat on my 10th birthday, and with the exception of the Loftus Road era when I only got there a couple of times, I have been supporting them ever since, and have been a ST holder since they moved to Adams Park. I'm now into my 70s.

Started playing Rugby at school, when the, then, captain of Wales arrived as a chemistry teacher and introduced the game to what had previously been a soccer only school. Played a few matches for London Welsh and Wasps (not saying which team, doesn't sound as impressive as just saying the club names).

Moving to deepest Bucks, meant a change to Chiltern Rugby Club, but I also took up Stock Car Racing, resulting with a shattered leg that ended my playing career.

Took up coaching Gymnastics, which, although now officially retired, I still do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version