Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Recruitment freeze lifted  (Read 5093 times)

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment freeze lifted
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2022, 03:57:03 PM »
Difficult to tell with Fissler what's true and what's not.  Sometimes he's spot on and others he's miles off. 

Let's hope this is the latter.

I also get the feeling that he's not particularly fond of us, for whatever reason....

I think it is because he doesn’t have an ‘in’ with us at the moment. Over the last few years we have announced without any rumours at all. I would t take what he says as gospel however I don’t get the vitriol he gets. He has to rely on rumours some of which might be true but come to nothing others that might be agents stirring things and others come to fruition. He is paid to find those rumours probably dismisses the more unreliable but if he only published things that were certain he would have to wait for official announcements and I could do that with no contacts.

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2022, 04:07:36 PM »

Neil Fissler
@neilfissler
·
10m
Hearing that Worcester Warriors players will be paid later today and that interestingly Wasps players haven’t been paid yet.

Steve Diamond has just tweeted that Worcester aren’t travelling to their preseason game because the wages have not been paid.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2022, 04:21:52 PM »

Neil Fissler
@neilfissler
·
10m
Hearing that Worcester Warriors players will be paid later today and that interestingly Wasps players haven’t been paid yet.

Steve Diamond has just tweeted that Worcester aren’t travelling to their preseason game because the wages have not been paid.

Maybe Fissler got his "W" mixed up!
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2022, 04:50:08 PM »
Difficult to tell with Fissler what's true and what's not.  Sometimes he's spot on and others he's miles off. 

Let's hope this is the latter.

I also get the feeling that he's not particularly fond of us, for whatever reason....

I think it is because he doesn’t have an ‘in’ with us at the moment. Over the last few years we have announced without any rumours at all. I would t take what he says as gospel however I don’t get the vitriol he gets. He has to rely on rumours some of which might be true but come to nothing others that might be agents stirring things and others come to fruition. He is paid to find those rumours probably dismisses the more unreliable but if he only published things that were certain he would have to wait for official announcements and I could do that with no contacts.

The reason for the vitriol is that he comes across as a fairly nasty piece of work.
On the post quoted on Twitter people posted that they had heard the opposite and he went on the attack, with some fairly rude responses.
There was a fairly nasty interaction with a Tigers player not so long ago as well.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2022, 04:59:25 PM »

Neil Fissler
@neilfissler
·
10m

From the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62743281
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2022, 05:37:17 PM »
There was a fairly nasty interaction with a Tigers player not so long ago as well.

Whilst I agree that Fissler comes across as a nasty piece of work, his rumour about Nadolo was correct though, I think? - He'd suggested he was looking to go back to play in Super Rugby and Tigers eventually confirmed that Nadolo would be leaving mid-season by mutual consent to join the Waratahs in time for the start of the Super Rugby season.

The way it all came out was rather ugly, neither covered themselves in glory and it's clear that Nadolo wasn't ready for the news to be broken just yet or that it simply hadn't been agreed at that point in time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 05:39:41 PM by InBetweenWasp »

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2022, 09:17:48 PM »
Fissler is first and foremost a round ball fan. When there is conflict he supports the roundball team.
I don’t know what he is doing on the rugbypaper except earning a few quid.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2022, 10:17:20 AM »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2022, 10:23:25 AM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2022, 11:35:25 AM »
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bristol-bears-leicester-tigers-wasps-7529949 - Apparently we're looking at Ted Hill

Why? Surely we've got plenty back rows.

I suppose it depends what Brad and Nemo are up to long term.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
Maybe indicative of Brad playing more 2nd row (until Stooke returns at least????)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2022, 04:18:32 PM »
Ted Hill is quality but we don't need a back row.
For god sake, can we please get linked to a back player, ideally a center or FB

I'd be happy with Venter or Oli Morris (my first preference). I note Nanai is still listed with them...thought he was a free agent, another quality back.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2022, 09:59:37 AM »
I'd be in for Lawrence, Venter, Shillcock or Humphiries. Ted Hill is undoubtedly top quality but it's hard enough getting our back row right as it is. 

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2022, 10:14:47 AM »
Might also be a price consideration, and, as suggested, signing a back row frees Shields to play there as needed whilst we are short.
We are clearly weaker on the wing and centre, but if there are no cut price/affordable wings or centres and quality comes up elsewhere at a discount.........

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2022, 10:45:17 AM »
I would still love for his, wasps and England’s sake for Alfie to give hooker a real go. He is obviously great in the back row but the difference between him and other back rowers such as Tom Willis isn’t big and he is limited as a line out jumper. If he was able to still bring his power at hooker and his throwing in was up to it then the difference between him and the next would be big. He is potentially an international class backrow but i think potentially a world class hooker. Lots of ifs there but it would mean some more backrow cover was needed.